“Simply Outstanding”
Review of Harvey's Point

Harvey's Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Having initially discovered Harvey's point online, before it was further recommended by friends and family, I booked the hotel for a Valentine's surprise for my girlfriend. A week before we were due to arrive - I called the hotel to confirm dinner reservations and to double check the little details of our stay. I was told by the lady on the phone that not only were we confirmed, we had been upgraded from a premium suite to the Penthouse! An incredible surprise.

We drove in on the Friday afternoon and to say we were blown away from the outset is a massive understatement. The hotel is located on the lip of the beautiful Lough Eske and near to some rugged mountains. At check-in we were met by a lovely lady (Terese, I think) , who walked us right to our room whilst explaining the hotel lay out. Having stayed in a lot of supposedly high end hotels, once again I was looking out for the littlest details being out of place - as often old style plush hotels are dusty, or the carpets are freyed etc. This was emphatically not the case. The corridors are grand and expansive, simply by walking through them you get a sense of the hotel's fabulous atmosphere. From the level of cleanliness, the venue could have opened yesterday.

The room was enormous, comparable to a gigantic New York aparment. A huge living area, and our own seperate large bar were to the right and our bedroom, wardrobe area and bathroom were to the left. The bathroom was out of this world. The jacuzzi was like a double bed and I've never had a more comfortable sleep then I did in the bed itself ,which could have slept at least five people. The furnishings were classic, but in no way dilapidated. The place felt like home from the get go. We were floored. But it doesn't stop there.

After getting ready in the bathroom at his and hers sinks, listening to the classical music being piped in - we headed down for dinner. At the bar we were greeted by Noel, the hotels guest relations manager. What a gentleman. In fact, every single member of staff we encountered were pleasant and genuine. No conversation felt forced, as is often the case in big hotels. Real people.

The dinner was sumptuous both evenings - stunning food. Again the little details were totally important and Harveys Point never missed a trick. The waitress, maitre d' etc were all friendly and helpful to the nth degree. Similarly, when we were running late on our departure date, the restaurant called us to ask if we wanted breakfast as it was finishing up, then had it brought to our room. Another level.

Everyone needs to know about this hotel. Not only for its luxurious setting, exceptional customer service and friendly attitude - but also for its management of people. I am embarrassed to admit we were a bit on the noisy side in the room on our first night (singing), which I like to emphasise is totally unacceptable for the kind of relaxation Harvey's Point provides. The hotel handled our embarrassment with class and reassurance.

This is the only high end hotel I have stayed in where I can catagorically say that it was worth every penny, I urge everyone to give it a go. A super positive experience and a very special weekend for us both.

Thank you so much to Harvey's Point and all their world class staff.

Brian D

Room Tip: Everyone I spoke to about this hotel were wowed by any of the rooms on offer.
2  Thank Brian D
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Brian, It was genuinely our pleasure to welcome you and your girlfriend to Harvey’s Point and we are delighted that you appreciated our product, our hospitality, our attention to detail and most of all our people. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another special weekend and on behalf of Noel, Teresa and our entire team, thank you for your lovely review. This encourages us to work even harder to exceed guest’s expectations at every level. Keep up the singing and we may need you at our Summer Cabaret! Kind regards, Deirdre & Marc.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just back from staying at Harvey's for weekend break for my wife's 30th birthday.

Stayed in a Deluxe room which was fantastic. Staff were very friendly and could not do more to help us.

Evening meal was included and did not disappoint. They only criticism I would have is that as both of us are vegetarian, there was only a couple of things on the menu which we could eat... In saying that, when we mentioned this to our waiter she advised that the chef would be happy to make anything we requested!!

Lovely relaxing atmosphere and just a short drive to Donegal Town. Will defintely recommend to family and friends and we hope to be back soon ourselves.

Sean & Sinead (Dublin, Ireland)

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 8, 2012

would recommend it to all my friends - great isolated location - will def return sometime soon

Room Tip: get the impression there isn't a bad room in this place
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jollygirl66, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your recommendation of Harvey’s Point. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime. Kind regards, Deirdre, Marc & Team.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Just back from a weekend in Harvey's Point and can't wait to return. From the monent we arrived on the Friday night right through to Sunday we were treated royally and could not want for anything.
We found the room (suite) to be way past our expectation,must have been 600sqft and to say that the staff were the most pleasent ever encountered, doesn't come near the level of service enjoyed.
Arriving late on Friday we ate in the bar and were offered great advice by duty manager Noel as to where we should visit on the Saturday. His infectous love love of the area was clear. His advice turned out to be spot on and our drive around the Killybegs Glencolumkill penninsula was exactly what we were looking for.Fridays meal was delightful.
For Saturday evening we dined in the dining room to enjoy what can only be described as "haut cusine" in a most relaxed setting. Best of cooking and of course the service was again so wellcoming.
Don't miss out on the smoked salomn scrambled egg at breakfast.hmmmmm.
This is one hotel you can relax in at any time. There was a large wedding party in the hotel on the Saturday and I can honestly say that we had to be told they were on the premises, as it neither overflowed into the bar or public areas at any time.
We will return. Well done to all at Harvey's Point and thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

1  Thank Michael B

Dear Guest, It has been our pleasure to welcome you to Harvey’s Point and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return visit sometime in the not too distant future. Kind regards from Noel, our new Guest Relations Manager, the Gysling Family and the Harvey’s Point Team.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was lucky enough to be asked to a wedding reception in Harveys Point last Saturday and I feel compelled to write about the wonderful experience I had there.The setting is out of this world and especially romanric for a wedding.The moment we stepped into the hotel we were treated like Royalty.The food and the Staff were wonderful and the whole ambience was rather special.The bedrooms are out of this world....the Bathroom in ours was bigger than our Bedroom at home with a huge double Bathtub and fab rain shower....I cant wait to stay there again.Dont understand why this hotel isnt five star but it certainly deserves to be .Well Done to Harveys Point..U are the Best.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisireland

Dear Guest, We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience at Harvey’s Point and thank you for your kind words which are most appreciated by the Gysling Family and the Harvey’s Point Team. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime for a relaxing leisure break. Kind regards, Deirdre & Marc.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

A very luxurious hotel,ideally located on Lough Eske,a tranquil place,scenery beautiiful, a little Gem and far removed from the hustle and bustle of life.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe Executive suite,very spacious,with large bathroom and probably the most comfortable...
1  Thank JAK210437

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind words in relation to your recent experience at Harvey’s Point. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Kind regards, Deirdre, Marc & Team.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Having had a less than perfect stay in Castle Eske ( we couldnt sleep due to the noise of drunken wedding guests) I was wary to hear that a wedding was planned for the weekend of my latest stay in harvey's Point. Any fears I had however were quickly dispelled. Check in was friendly and warm. Castle Eske may have a castle to great you but this means nothing if the person behind the desk behaves as tho you are an inconvenience to them! Food in the restaurant was great with a fantastic, cosy atmosphere - exactly what I was looking for in Donegal.

On one of our last stays to the hotel we had some difficulties with the way the room was set up for my mothers birthday but the response from the hotel to rectify the problem was outstanding and personal from the owners themselves.

I'm returning to Harvey's Point this month for St. Partick's night for a one night stay as a package for my mother and I can honestly say that I have never been so excited with the prospect of returning to a hotel.

Whilst I hope i am not saying too much too soon, I can truely recommend Harvey's point to anyone and I look forward to returing to my favourite, friendly 5*+++ hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duckbilplatypus

Dear Guest, We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience at Harvey’s Point and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again on St. Patrick’s night where a very special welcome awaits yourself and your mother. Our aim is to have high standards blended with a genuine Donegal welcome. Thank you for such warm words of praise which are most appreciated by the Gysling Family & Team. Kind regards, Deirdre & Marc.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#4 of 7 in Donegal Town
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!