Ok going to Donegal in December probably not the best move with the short evening and rain rain rain! Anyway hotel can be a little difficult to find esp. in dark as its in the middle of nowhere so try going in daylight if possible but location is lovely and peaceful because of this. Lovely views of Lough Eske. We upgraded at cost to a suite and it the best room I ever stayed in - wow! So if you can spare the extra cash then get a suite with fresh milk and biscuits every day for Tea! King Bed was very comfortable and spacious with large flat screen TV. Bathroom had large tub that was great for a long soak. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The dinning and bar areas were very comfortable and tastily decorated. The main two problems I had were there was no bar menu. There was a bar area to sit but only a la carte menu to order from which worked out expensive when all we wanted was a quick bite. The food was ok but should have been better for the price. We ate in a lovely pub the second night "Olde Castle Bar & Red Hugh’s Restaurant" in Donegal town and it was delicious and very good value. Second was that there was no leisure centre or proper spa, which we were very, disappointed about for a 4 star hotel. There were 2 treatment rooms for facials etc that we used and we had no problems. The breakfast each day was without fault - we enjoyed it very much and there was a brilliant selection. Overall I would recommend but again nit sure about the restaurant so only giving this hotel a 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal