The Central Hotel - Donegal
$286
$212
  • Pool
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
$154
$121
Agoda.com
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
$202
Hotels.com
$86
Sandhouse Hotel(Rossnowlagh)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe upper deckdonegal baycoach tripcaledonian travelthe hotel managercoach partyswimming poolreception staffleisure centrelovely hotelcooked breakfastlovely roomreel inndining roomfood was lovelyfirst classshort break
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to White's on the Diamond on Saturday night. I was very impressed with the overall experience.
We were shown to our table by a lovely waitress and were waited on so attentively all night.
The food was beautiful. I had the scallops to start and the monkfish to follow. Both were delicious.
It is a beautiful place to sit, eat and enjoy. I will be returning again very soon. The food and the service was of a very high standard.

• Stayed: April 2013
Central Hotel D, Manager at The Central Hotel - Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I am delighted to read your fine review on "Whites on the Diamond". Thank you very much and I will pass on your kind comments to the Chef, Restaurant Manager & her Team. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just spent two nights at the Central with a group of 22 active age clients from our centre. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Food was excellent as was the service. Rooms were very clean and spacious. We were very well looked after. great value

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I remember your group very well and it was our pleasure to serve you. It is our goal here to deliver quality service, fine food and good value. We look forward to your company again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am a frequent user of trip advisor and have used it many times to vet hotels. I think it is important then for people to document less pleasurable experiences and unfortunately during my recent stay at the Central Hotel in Donegal Town my stay was far from pleasurable.

I was staying there on Saturday 13 April 2013 for a funeral in the town and was up early on the morning of the 14th to drive back to Dublin for another engagement. Upon arrival (on 12th April) we were advised by the staff that the hotel was full for the weekend. We were assigned room 128 that overlooked the Diamond in Donegal Town.

I was not too concerned with the noise of car traffic from the Diamond as I bring ear plugs just in case you get a hotel room overlooking a busy street. What I had not prepared for, nor could you, was that the room was directly over a bar “The Bank” which has live music on Saturday night. We were not told about this by the staff.

On our return to the hotel on Saturday night (@ 11 p.m.) it was clear that that the music from the bar was very very loud in the room. We settled into bed on the presumption that the music would finish up 30 mins before pub closing time of 12.30 p.m. It did not. The music continued into the small hours of the morning and kept me awake for most of the night. No ear plug could drown out this noise. There was little point complaining at that stage to reception staff as I had already been told the hotel was full. Very little sleep was had that night and after the band had finished I was so vexed that every little noise outside annoyed me.

If you are staying in this hotel, please ensure that you are not overlooking the Diamond and are not over any of the nearby bars.

To make matters just a little more unpalatable, when we complained about this the next morning, in the hope of maybe getting a discount from our bill (without asking for same directly) we were just given a very sarcastic “Sorry about that.” The receptionist didn’t even care and it was clear that this has been complained about many times before.

I would not recommend this hotel to friends or family.

Room Tip: Never accept a room overlooking the Diamond in Donegal Town and/or over a local bar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is clean and central with views of the river from our room. It was good enough value at €80 for the night.
The "spa" is a joke, so don't expect anything and you might be satisfied. There is a tiny pool and it was full of kids taking a class when we were there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Hotel D, General Manager at The Central Hotel - Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is our goal to deliver friendly service and good value for money. Our pool is 13m. We do accommodate children's swimming classes and I do apologies they took the pool over during your time.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here over Easter and were not disappointed. Our bedroom was a good size with a large double and a single bed. Both very comfortable.It had a lovely bathroom with a powerful shower over the bath. And yes the TV did have a back on it but the programmes were exactly the same! I did think the carpet looked slightly worn however I noticed that the rooms along the corridor did have new carpet so perhaps they're being replaced in stages. We made use of the swimming pool which was very enjoyable and towels are supplied. We didnt eat in the hotel as we found offers in other restaurants. we would return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to read you were impressed by our accommodation. Yes you are right continuous improvements in our accommodation department is on going. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Central very soon.