“A beautiful place to stay!”
Review of The Cove Lodge B&B

and 1 more site!
The Cove Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 44 Donegal Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at this lovely home and were very impressed with this comfortable home and the lovely couple who looked after us. The room was great as were the breakfasts and they were most helpful with local attractions and how to get there.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen W
2plus8, Owner at The Cove Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Helen...I am really glad you enjoyed your two night visit to our home. We always try our very best to ensure our visitors have a comfortable and relaxing stay in our home. Hopefully we may welcome you again in the future and thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. Best wishes, Joan

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our trip to Ireland began with our stay at the Cove Lodge B&B in Donegal Town on July 14th - 20th 2012. We stayed with the Mccrea Family, Liam and Joan. Arrived to the warm welcome of Joan Mccrea at the tastefully decorated home with comfortable rooms with private baths. Lovely extras fragrant hand and body wash, & creams. Enjoyed the comfortable bedding, spottless home and rooms. Woke to lovely views and greeted each morning in dining room. Remarkable Irish breakfasts and other options available. Truely loved Joans Tomatoe rosettes and potatoe bread. Location was excellent to recommended restaurants and activities. Joan provided plenty of local activites and directions when needed she was a exceptional hostess. Recommend this B&B and Irish experience for your holiday.

Room Tip: choose at least a 4 star
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Leslie.....Thanks for your very kind and positive review of your six night stay in our home. I am so glad you enjoyed the holiday and our breakfasts and recommendations on places to visit and eat.. We try our best to offer our guests a warm irish welcome and comfortable, relaxing stay. Hopefully we will meet again when you are in this area again in the future. Joan

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed 6 nights at the Cove Lodge and it was wonderful. Joan was a wonderful cook with an Irish breakfast in the morning and she helped me with the local information, which I greatly appreciated, for
I am researching my family ancestory. This place is beautiful it is nestled in the countryside surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful flowers. It is spotless with hardwood floors, confortable beds, great food and wonderful hospitality!!! We have stayed at other B&B 's but this is the best and I would recommend The Cove Lodge to all who wished to have a wonderful holiday. I hope to return soon!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Joy
Thank you for your very nice compliments on our home and your visit here in July. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we would love to see you again if you are in this area. Best wishes, Joan

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed on 20th July 2012 for 1 night, house spotless, comfortable beds, no problems, a good nights sleep. Liam gave us good advice on where to eat and we were not disappointed. Next morning we enjoyed a great Irish breakfast. Lovely place to stay, Liam and Joan are great hosts.

James & Anne

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed for 1 night, my nephew and I. Let me tell you the owners were SO nice!!! The Cove Lodge is about 3-4 minutes outside city of Donegal. The lodge is great, the rooms were stellar, and the place was SPOTLESS. Had zero problems with anything.

I would 100% whole-heartedly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel G
2plus8, Owner at The Cove Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Daniel...Thanks for your very kind comments on your stay in our home in July. I am really pleased that both you and your nephew enjoyed your visit and hopefully we will meet you again in the future. Best wishes,
Joan

Reviewed July 19, 2012

You cannot miss the Cove Lodge from the road. It looks as neat outside as it does as you enter the front door. The rooms are spotless and the ensuite bathrooms are equipped with wide showers. While two of us enjoyed a hearty Irish breakfast, the others had a choice of cereal, yoghurt and some fresh fruits cut into small pieces. The only thing we regretted was not to have stayed longer at the Cove Lodge!
Quelle agréable surprise de s'installer dans un B&B confortable et impeccable après avoir subi les caprices du ciel irlandais! L'accueil est très chaleureux, la chambre est spacieuse et très propre et le petit-déjeuner complet et copieux. Un séjour à recommender!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My Husband and I stayed in The Cove Lodge on 12 July and it was perfect in every way - absolutely flawless!! (I'm very particular about where I stay when away!) We stumbled across this B & B completely by accident and we're very glad we did. On arrival, I was greeted at the Door by Liam, (he and his wife Joan run the B & B), who was very courteous and welcoming. (We'd had a very long and hard day's travel and were both exhausted.) After a short rest, we were ready for off again! Liam arranged a Taxi for us to go into very nearby Donegal Town and Joan, his very lovely and accommodating wife, gave us some good advice on where to eat and find entertainment. Next morning, My Husband had a full Irish Breakfast with lots of Tea and Toast (Yum, he said!!) Now, I'm vegan - this can be quite difficult for some B & Bs - but not here, I was presented with cooked potato bread, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, toast, coffee marmalade and more toast! The bedroom we were given was spacious with beautiful decor and immaculately clean - as was the entire house and surrounding gardens - just gorgeous!!

We wanted to stay two more days but they were fully booked! Not surprising!! Stay here, you'll be very glad you did!!

Room Tip: Oops, there is no fitness centre - this is a B & B!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2plus8, Owner at The Cove Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

We are very pleased that you thouroughly enjoyed your visit to our home and that everything was to your satisfaction. We strive to provide a comfortable, clean, relaxed & peaceful experience for our guests and we are glad that you found your stay a perfect stay. We hope to see you again if you are in Donegal Town again. Best Wishes.
Joan