Atlantic Guesthouse
$376
$286
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
$208
$200
Donegal Manor(Donegal Town)
$131
$112
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
$135
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
$149
Hotels.com
Harvey's Point(Donegal Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsguest housewould stay here againlovely familygreat place to stayfree wifiirish breakfastbreakfast was deliciouslorrainehosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Arrived sat afternoon @ atlantic guest house was greeted by friendly obligeing gent, whom firstly helped with parking spot! Then offered to take luggage & proceeded to show us to our room. The twin room was met by a warm bright room. Similar to eny other previous places ive stayed.not as modern & minamalistic as now hotels! But was presented well, clean & warm!! Yes there was noice but you expect noice in eny establishment?!

As the weather deteriated as evening came the owner "gregory" offered to drive us to our venue..to say the least we were so gratefull to avoid the rain!!! We has no probs gettin bak to guest house & were happy to see a warm bed ahead!!! Lorraine was lovely too & would be very obligeing if a problem occured..luckily we cannot fault "Atlantic Guest house" by eny means.we wil definatly be back & book Atlantic guest house! With out a doubt it made our stay more enjoyable staying & having helpfull owners at hand, truly a lovely family & dogs! I really felt home from home! ;-)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We arrived in Donegal and checked out a few B&Bs. This place is registered with the NI Tourism board. This place seemed comfy and cozy. The location The staff was extremely nice and very helpful with us parking our car. The only issue is the room walls are paper thin. Our neighbors were obnoxiously loud. They came back to the hotel after a night out, very drunk, and were so loud. I actually tried calling the hotel twice to get a new room, but no one responded. The breakfast was decent. Having travel to Europe several times, I know what to expect with the showering facilities. These were awful. It was impossible to have a even temperature shower--it was too hot or too cold. Truthfully, I could not recommend staying here for a night. I think if you're lucky and get a quiet neighbor you'll have an enjoyable stay. Frankly, I would not stay here again. To be fair, the staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olivers1008
Reviewed October 26, 2013

the place might be well located, but we wouldnt go back. the lady was not nice, not helpful. It was cold and she didn't want to turn on the heater.
Rooms are small and not that clean.
breakfast is basic.
you dont feel welcome at all.
we booked this place because we booked in advance and we didnt find many places in donegal on the net. But people in the city told us it is actually full of B&B, they just dont promote thereselves on the internet. So I would recommend to call the tourism Office or just to look for a place once you get there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ladivinebarcelona
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here on a three week tour of Ireland. The Family that run this place are amazing. Lorraine is a hoot,lol. She allowed us to wash our clothes for a very nominal fee, and mine had to be hung in her kitchen to dry as I didn't want them to shrink, her poor family had to look at my clothes in their kitchen over night, God love em, they did this with a smile and she said no worries. My friend and I stayed here two days of which Loraine made so very comfortable as she just ran up and down the stairs and no complaints as to our needs. Breakfast was made to order also by her, again with a smile.We would stay here again and again, no complaints, no worries! It was like stayin with family, well actually better, lol. Thanks so much for the kindness , it was truly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

After having slept here a night, I'm not really sure where all the people commented on this place needing a bit more TLC. The place was nicely decorated, Lorraine and her husband were nice hosts. We had a quite room on the second floor with a private bathroom and shower, which had more than enough hot water and towels.

Yes, the place is a bit old, but that's part of what gives it it's charm. It's got a private car park (which we were allowed to use all day after check out, which let us do the town on foot) and in centrally located.

Lorraine suggested a few restaurants and had 10% off at Dom's, where we eventually ate. The food at Dom's wasn't good (see my review of that!), but that's not the reason I took one star off.
The Atlantic lost a star for its breakfast, which was a full menu, but wasn't that good, IMHO. Not that I'm much of a food connoisseur, but I didn't really enjoy the breakfast that much and I've had better. My recommendation is take a room, go out to a cafe for breakfast!

Room Tip: Skip breakfast!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple