“amazing food and service”

Aroma Coffee Shop & Mini Bakery
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A real gem. Absolutely delicious food, you would expect to pay at least 50% more in any Dublin restaurant or cafe so very good value for the qualtiy and standard of food served. A "must" for lunch (or coffee and cake!) in the North West

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We made a special trip out here more for what I read about the restaurant than the actual craft village. I hear they had chimichangas here. If you don't know what that is , basically it's usually beef or chicken encased in a fried tortilla atop with cheese salsa sour cream etc all the Mexican fixings. On arrival were met by the owner who was very friendly and had lovely stories for us while we waited for a take away. If I had not already eaten my weight in cake I would have taken some ny cheesecake to go , all the cakes looked good,and there was a great variety.
Upon arriving home I heated up my Mexican creation for a warm dinner after along trip.
I have to say it was very tasty albeit not authentic, the salsa tasted like plain passata, and the tortilla was way more burrito like , the rice was good, but hey we bought in Donegal not Oaxaca so all good. I'm glad we made the trip out there and would do so again the cafe had some lovely fresh selections on their chalkboard and I'm sure the quality of all is across the board.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

While visiting the Donegal Craft Village do not miss this delightful little cafe. Everything is fresh and tasty.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been going to aroma cafe every few months for a number of years. The food is truly superb with risotto and ravioli particular highlights. Great soup and filled bagels and paninis not to mention sublime cake. Really can't fault the food, the service or the setting and its right next to some great craft businesses.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here Aug 13. Little expensive and not much room inside the restaurant but the food was lovely and the staff were pleasant. The homemade brown bread and chicken salad was fantastic. The manager could smile a little more when he is at the till but all in all a great restaurant.