“Could use some professional updating”

Doagh Famine Village
Boston
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Could use some professional updating”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband & I stumbled upon the village on our trip in early July of 2013. This tour was made so special by the tour guide who was a native to the area and extremely informative. The diorama's could use some professional work but if you can overlook that aspect it is well worth the entry fee.

The terrorist house at the end of the tour seems somewhat out of place but the refreshments at the end was a nice touch.

Visited July 2013

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As visitors from Australia we found the Famine Village very informative and insightful about various aspects of Irish history and way of life. Our guide, Paddy was very knowledgeable and passionate and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour around the village. It is great value and we were impressed by the lack of commercialism. It is well worth the drive to the village and the peninsula is stunningly beautiful as well.

Visited September 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“bus run”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

very well laid out and supper tea and wheaten bread. great day out
especially if travelling around Inishowen. scenery fantastic and a great day at the beaches too

Visited August 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Must See in the Area!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my partner visited the famine village only yesterday and it was great.
It was enjoyable and a good laugh.. there some surprises but i will not spoil the fun!. if you are in the area this is a must see.
The tea and wheaten bread included in the entrance fee is a lovely touch!

Visited September 2013
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Quirky, but informative!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I visited the Famine Village with my two small children some weeks back, and had a very pleasant day, taking in Malin Head too. I had already visited the village some years ago, and was hoping the displays would be less amateurish second time round, but, alas, this was not the case. I couldn't help wonder what tourists from overseas thought of it all, from the ballcock taking pride of place in the model 'lake' to the packaging from plastic farm animals left lying on one of the displays!! When I compare the miniature scenes of days of yore at Doagh Famine Village with those at Vendee Miniature (which I have also reviewed), I can only cringe! That said, the other visitors who were there during our visit seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience, and the attraction's saving grace is no doubt the young man who, prior to the guided tour, gives a very informative and entertaining talk on Donegal's past, and present, with many anecdotes and trivia thrown in! Doagh Famine Village is an eye opener, (in more ways than one!), but well-worth a visit!

Visited August 2013