“A must see.”

Doagh Famine Village
Ranked #15 of 235 things to do in County Donegal
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were in from NY and decided to check out the famine village with some of our Irish family. The tour guide was fantastic very knowledgable and engaging to listen to. The wealth of information was great from where Irish sayings come from to how the Irish lived years ago.

We'll be sending all our friends your way!!!

1  Thank Fi B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"own pace"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2013

tour guide was brilliant explaing all the old sayings that come from funeral wakes etc, models not the best of quality but he .makes up for it , hope to bring my friends when we visit again family from Alloa , Scotland

Reviewed March 8, 2013

One of the most unique and interesting tourist attractions in Ireland, in a beautiful location. A quirky creation of its owners, full of fascinating facts and figures that really make you think, as well as a few surprises. You're never quite sure what you'll find around the next corner. On a cold day the cup of tea included in the entrance price was also most welcome. We brought a bus load of visitors from throughout the UK and each and everyone loved it. I had been a couple of times but each time there has been something new to discover. This time it was the Hallowe'en exhibits - the kids loved those. The most impressed were the NI folk, many of whom had never heard of it. Now they're off to spread the word to all their friends.

1  Thank LinSDerry
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I must admit that, although I am a bit claustrophobic, I love finding my way through the IRA house. Great snapshot of Ireland during the famine. I try to go each Spring because there is always something new to see.

1  Thank Vermonter47
See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took a lovely car ferry from the Strand Guest House where we were staying in Port Stewart, NI. This attraction is very much worth the trip. I appreciated the overall perspective of this museum. The information provided invites reflection, not just reading. Some of the displays are of interest to the young, regardless of age. A guided tour is provided along with time to revisit rooms of special interest.
I appreciated the tea and wee tidbits that were included in the price of admission.
It certainly merits more than one visit.

1  Thank Harvey6f