“Blow the cobwebs away”
Review of Malin Head

Malin Head
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very impressive views and nice to say you have been to the most northernly point in Ireland. We visited on a very windy day so didn't venture too far off the beaten track but made the most of the hot chocolate and tasty baking available at the coffee van where we recieved a warm welcome.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My Wife and I took our kids to Malin Head during the week.
What can I say except that place is simply breathatking.
It was very cold and quite windy, but it was a lovely sunny day and when we wrapped up warm, we could really appreciate the beauty of the area.
There are some very informative notice boards to tell you about the wartime history of the location, and the relevance of the huts and buildings and the Eire sign.
It was a first for me, and my family and we said that we will be back, someday.............

4  Thank Fireballs
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Been there at the beginning of February 2013. Although it was a misty day it was fantastic day, feel like end of world. We did the way from Letterkenny. Most of the way we were alone on the roads. That was some unforgettable drive.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband & I have just returned from a short trip to the Inishowen area of Donegal.While there & because the weather was beautiful we decided to visit Malin Head which is the most northerly tip of Ireland.We had been previously but on a wet day & the visibility wasn't great.
It is a beautiful scenic drive from Redcastle where we were staying,you really see what I would describe as old rural Ireland,peat bogs,sheep wandering on the roadside.
On the drive you also see magnificent scenery as there are many other attractive headlands in that area.When we reached Malin Head itself it is just breathtaking.You can see for what seems forever.You can see the coastline of Scotland & Tory Island.There are some derelict watch towers and what were old radio stations which were used during the war.
You feel as if you are in another world away from civilisation it is so peaceful and tranquil.A must see for tourists it really is an unforgettable experience.
I would just say wrap up well as it is so exposed,especially in winter,and if possible try and choose a clear day.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

What I liked so much about Malin Head is the natural feeling there. Most things are untouched. You have to like the a bit rough nature.

1  Thank aaronmeder