“Good”

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch here
Comprehensive menu, budget prices
Reasonably good
Well located, nice atmosphere, friendly, courteous staff

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (384)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food, good beer, very good value would recommend to all who want good fair at a good price, great choice of drinks and good surroundings

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to Wetherspoons last Saturday with my boyfriend after work. It was fairly busy but the place wasn't full. We sat down and ordered food and a drink and began our wait. when the drinks came they were flat and rather tasteless. While waiting for our food to come out, two tables that had entered and ordered after us had been brought their food. when the waitress approach us with food which we thought was ours, after 15 minutes of waiting, she had come to the wrong table. After 35 minutes our food finally arrived, we ordered a small scampi and a small fish and chips, and the food was cold. When we were leaving, we noticed the waitress, hiding behind where the food comes out, eating away. Very disappointed with the staff and service. Not likely to return again.

1  Thank rebecca s
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were staying in Cork, and ate here 3 times.

The first evening we ate about 6 p.m. and the place was absolutely chaotic , not enough staff, waited 3/'4's of an hour for the dirty crockery and table to be cleaned up.
As we weren't going to order on the app, whilst the table was unusable, we "blocked" that table for quite a while.
The male waiter, who appeared to be working alone, was clearly having major issues in keeping up with the "chores", not helped by the management who were chastising him in full view and earshot of the diners.
Highly unprofessional.

Once the table was cleared, we ordered, and the food eventually arrived, it was OK nothing fantastic, certainly not HOT.
In all we were there for about 2 1/2 hours.

The next time we ate there it was quieter, we chose to go earlier, and the place was still very busy but not absolutely rammed.
This time the service was good, the staff less pressured, and the food was very good.

The last time we ate there, was a lunchtime, on a Saturday, and we had expected it to be a nightmare, but surprisingly....it wasn't.
We ordered, and were served the food, by an un-harrassed waitress, the food we ordered ...the three plate special was very good, hot and fresh.

Basically I think the place is under staffed.....no wonder other reviews mention "rude waiters" etc.
It wont go down as the worst Wetherspoons I have visited, certainly one of the busiest, sadly certainly not the best.

And nobody wants to see staff arguing on the "shop floor", management should know better.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

I came here with my sister to grab a bite to eat and to say I was unhappy with the service is an understatement.
Our food came out 15 minutes apart. My sister order the "Small Plates: Any 3 for €14" and I ordered a simple chicken wrap. The wrap did not arrive for 15 mins after my sister was given her food. The drinks we ordered were flat and tasted as if they were left there for a few hours, and we were given no napkins and the cutlery was dirty..
The pizza my sister received was hard and had hardly any cheese or sauce on it (considering it was just a Margherita).
This place may be cheap in price but I guess you get what you pay for..

Date of visit: August 2019