“Lovely restaurant”

Fenn's Quay Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 636 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre
County Cork, Ireland
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant in the city centre. Great for dinner with friends. The ingredients are fresh from the English Market. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2013

“Food to lift your mood!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went to Fenn's Quay for brunch after a hectic night on the tiles. Between the free coffee refills and the complementary Mimosa, my hangover wasn't long clearing. I decided to venture away from my usual eggs florintine and with the recommendation of the waitress I had the fish dish. It was cooked to perfection and with the sides the portions were more than adequate. The service was great and the atmosphere was very soothing. The jazz music wasn't too loud or intrusive & my friends and I left feeling much better than when we came!! ;) I will be recommending this others & I'll be sure to call again.

Cork, Ireland
“One of Cork's hidden gems”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've recently emigrated from my home town of Cork and one of the things I will miss most is the wonderful food at Fenn's Quay. For four years I have been a regular diner in Fenn's at lunch time . The quality and value of the lunch menu is extraordinary. Kate Lawler is a wonderful chef with a passion for local produce and a flair for flavour. Kate likes to put her own unique twist on classic and traditional dishes; she still manages to surprise me four years later with creative combinations. The only thing that is predictable about the menu is that it will reflect the best of local in-season produce. In recent times, the dining room has received a well earned sprucing up and it's great to see the restaurant thriving in a difficult environment. The service is Fenn's is warm and homely and the lack of formality adds to the charm.

Cork
“Not good.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant having heard a lot of good things about it. What happened, Fenn's Quay?? We dropped €100 on a meal for two on what must have been an "off night" for this acclaimed restaurant. The service was brash and pushy and personally I can tolerate that if the food is amazing(I just pretend I'm in France) but the food was so very disappointing. A "rare" steak came to the table like an old shoe. An expensive bit of John Dory, which was allegedly pan fried, was like the old sock to go with it. When ordering dessert, the waitress shook her head in disgust every time until we ordered the one dessert she thought was good(can't say I shared her taste, mind). Not good.

3 Thank Gabrielle S
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Food and more”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Popped in for lunch. A lovely restaurant with Excellent food and the waiter was not only very good at his job, but gave me lists of places to visit, other restaurants for lunch or dinner, bars with live music and items to buy in the English Market. Definitely above and beyond the normal service.

Visited June 2013