“It was ok, expected more from the reviews”
Review of Strasbourg Goose

Strasbourg Goose
Ranked #16 of 662 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I had the fishcakes and they were cold and not very tasty. I had the ribeye which was nice with blue cheese and red onion. The desert we shared was raspberry cheesecake and that was not great.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been talking about this restaurant verbally for the last 5/6 years. It is popular with both the people of Cork and tourists alike and has built up some reputation for excellence. Congratulations to Trina and her super team who give excellent food, value, service and choice. Atmosphere amazing always with a great "buzz" It is our family's 1st choice when going out for a meal. Location excellent in the City Centre. House wine reasonably priced. €21 per person for a 3 course meal

Reviewed October 21, 2013

just had a family celebration dinner here last evening.€21 per person for starter, main, dessert and coffee & a bottle of house red for €15. food was excellent, service was very attentive and the lady who i think was the owner was very much on top of everything. very cosy atmosphere on what was a wet miserable evening outside created by a blazing stove in a recessed fireplace. we will definitely be back again. just make sure you have a reservation as this restaurant is really busy

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent menu choice in the 3 course meal for €20, including cooked to perfection fillet/sirloin/rib eye steaks.

The steaks themselves were worth more than the special deal, with an appetising starter menu different from the norm, finished with mouth watering desserts.

I noted people bring their own wine, so its something to enquire about before you go.

Service was attentive, Will be back.

1  Thank GeriCoClareIreland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had the set menu for €21...what a bargain! I had gluten free fishcakes to start, himself had garlic mushrooms. Both were very tasty. We both had the rib eye steak with blue cheese sauce for mains. Gratin potatoes with home fries and green beans were very good, my only negative was the mash, I'm not a fan of the piped texture. We had 2 glasses of wine, a beer and 2 coffees, all this for €49 plus a tip! Service was excellent...I'll be back, if I can get a table...