“Great Value for Money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Strasbourg Goose

Strasbourg Goose
Ranked #14 of 632 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre
cork
“Great Value for Money.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recently done up had a Lovely Evening there could not fault a thing the service food and atmosphere was just amazing.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Not ideal for young babies but great great food!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ate here after a frantic look for restaurants suitable for our young family (3 and 1 yr olds) and stumbled across this gem. They offered us a table for an hour, and while the food was sublime, it was perhaps a tad optimistic on our part to think it worked with the baby. They didn't have a high chair we could use, so the joys of great food were tempered by a squirming child! That said, the staff were wonderful with our three year old daughter and offered her a half portion of an adult main. The set menu is exceptional value at 20 euro for 3 courses. I enjoyed my bruschetta (the tapenade was an unusual option) and my main, duck with honey and cloves, was a first for me and absolutely divine! My husband opted for fish cakes to start, which were lovely and light, and a main of red curry, which he was really impressed with. The peppery poppadom which accompanied this was a lovely touch and was also appreciated by our daughter, despite her reaching for her milk after each mouthful! Service was prompt, so we managed to squeeze in dessert even with just an hour to eat. All in all, a great place. Perhaps just slightly better without the baby in tow!

• Visited November 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful food and amazing value”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is an amazing little resturant in Cork City and I couldn't speak highly enough of it. The food is beautiful an the value is exceptional. You can get 3 courses for €20 and this includes three steak options, alternatively you can get 2 course and a glass of wine or beer for the €20.

My two friends and I were here recently, I had hake in a crab sauce and the lads had fillet steak with blue cheese and onion jam. All of us were delighted with our main courses, the steaks being cooked to perfection and the crab sauce with my hake being really flavoursome. I must also complement the side dishes, we got four servings of potato gratin, a bowl of freshly cooked veg and a large basket of chips, which I thought was excellent considering the price.

All in all I'd highly recommend this resturant, the food is gorgeous and the atmosphere and serving staff are top notch too. This is quite a small resturant tho, so I'd say you might need to book it on a Friday and Saturday night.

Cork, Ireland
“How much”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

€20 for 3 courses? Wow swap a dessert or starter for beer or wine.
Great food sausage and mash starter hake with crab and sauce with 2 sides and asked if i wanted more!
A pure gem don't miss it when in cork

Cork
“Good food, great Staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like this restaurant and the Staff were lovely on a day when everything else had gone wrong... more of a daytime lunch spot and less of an evening dinner

1 Thank WestCorkTraveller