“I will return”

Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Beautiful Restaurant in the heart of Cork City...Jacobs on the Mall situated in the heart of Cork City has been serving the people of Cork and beyond with the freshest of local and seasonal produce for the past 14 years.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Previously I have been less than enthusiastic about this place, loved the setting in the old Turkish Baths but the food was only ok. It was just two Saturdays before Christmas and the atmosphere was very good, service excellent and the Monkfish with mint and pea risotto was divine. All at our table loved the whole meal and experience.

I have not given a 5* simply because we all were tempted by the a la carte but this was expensive - the set-menu is a good choice though at €24 for 2 courses and €27 for 3 courses.

I would go back (cannot believe I am typing this).

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had this place booked for 7pm, we were told when booking that we'd have to give the table back by 9, no problem we said!
We arrived on time and ordered promptly as we had seen the menu before hand. 40 mins later our starters came out. I ordered the Jack McCarthy black pudding which was a miserable offering. It was really small and subsequently burnt as it was so thin. Righty or wrongly I left it go. Our mains arrived 40 mins after we finished our starters. The main (pork) was nice enough to be fair, as was the dessert (cheese cake) but it was past 9 at this stage. We were told that we had no time for coffees and teas (which had been included in our set menu). We were angry when they were not willing to acknowledge this in our bill. It was their own fault that we went past 9pm. All in all it left us with bad memories of the place. I wouldn't be. In a rush back at all. There are plenty of great restaurants around the place.
Avoid!

1  Thank LeoCork
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

First class as usual,one of the best chefs in cork for sure with great floor staff too-I highly recommend a visit here as you will not be disappointed

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Top class restaurant in Cork. Great range of food. Great atmosphere and ambiance in the restaurant. Definitely a must go to restaurant.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We went to Jacobs for dinner-there were 20 of us and it was ideal for a large party. the service was great and the food was very good-excellent choice and the desserts were really special!