Jacob's on the Mall
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Beautiful Restaurant in the heart of Cork City...Jacobs on the Mall situated in the heart of Cork City has been serving the people of Cork and beyond with the freshest of local and seasonal produce for the past 14 years.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A group of 10 of us ate here, on a Friday night, without having pre-booked. We were pleasantly surprised they could accommodate such a large number, and we're very pleased with the quality of the food and friendly service. This was my third visit to Cork and we have found good quality upscale restaurants to be thin on the ground. However, Jacob's is definitely one for our return list.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Recently visited jacobs again after a wonderful time 5 years ago. I had a nice starter and then ordered the fish and chips from the set menu. The fish came out cold and uncooked!! I sent it back and received a new meal which was stone cold. Was extremely unhappy. When it came to paying the bill we were given no concession for my meal. When I brought it to the managers attention he was very rude and said maybe there was something he could do about the bill. So disappointed would not recommend jacobs to anyone.

2  Thank Kilkennygirl2255
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had our staff xmas party here. It was a large booking on a busy night. Nothing suffered. The atmosphere was good. The food was excellent and the service faultless. A set menu great value. Highly competitive pricing and very good value for Jacob's.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had evening dinner with my girlfriend in this restaurant during a few days away over the Christmas holidays. Found the restaurant had a classy feel about it, although the quality of the table furniture could be improved. Food was good if a little overpriced, and staff were friendly and polite. I didn't like the fact that a 10% service charge was included in the bill, and felt like I should show gratitude for a nice meal by leaving a tip on top (which I did - another 10%). Overall though a good dining experience, and is worth checking out for a night out in Cork.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I attended a wedding party here and it was one of the worst venues ever. Staff were moving us in the middle of speeches and saying they had to clear tables as they were going off shift and had to organise the dance floor . Some of the wedding party had to eat on a higher level something came flying down and hit me on the head from above. Although I knew it was accidental and was not injured it was a nuisance when some drink from the table above spilled over my outfit. Staff were over familiar and kept making personal remarks about an older and much loved person in our company, when I showed my disapproval I was told Sure we were only slagging and their merriment continued. The only redeeming feature was the food which was excellent. Also it was extremely hot with little air circulating especially when staff herded me to a little alcove after the meal and I could hardly breathe.