“Attractive Airy Atmosphere with Great Veggie foods”
Review of The Quay Co-op

The Quay Co-op
Ranked #39 of 690 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Quay Co-op restaurant has a warm, friendly atmosphere with casual, cafe style dining rooms overlooking the River Lee. An extensive range of delicious vegetarian and vegan food is served all day at affordable prices.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed this attractive airy atmosphere both times we have visited Cork. We must have loved it the first time, as it was our number one destination as soon as we got off the train. It is self service, with plenty to choose from. We shared the Carrot Orange Soup to start, and each indulged in a Veggie Burger made of lentils. It came with our choice of two salads. After you pay for your meal, you can feel free to find a seat in the two story restaurant.

I would normally gravitate towards a nice toasty fireplace, especially on a rainy day like this one, but in this case I had my eye on the large airy windows overlooking the canal.

I find the food refreshing, hearty and filling, and the employees sweet and enthusiastic! We will be back again next time we find ourselves in Cork.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you're one of those people who believe that eating healthy means tasteless or simply not appetizing food then this restaurant is definitely going to prove you right!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I shop in here daily - the small shop in Ballincollig. The big one in Cork we're in every other day or so. If you're looking for fresh organic fruit and vegetables, this is the place. It's not cheap, but then you get what you pay for in this area, I think. The big shop has a geat range of produce, from teas and dairy to fresh-from-the-soil food, as well as many unusual but very tasty exotic foods. They have fresh breads daily as well as a good range of supplements. I can't recommend this place highly enough for healthy food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's been quite a few years' since I last visited and maybe I was expecting too much but it didn't live up to my expectations. The food was fine but not great, the desserts looked amazing but most weren't vegan, just not the vegan heaven I remember it to be.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Been to Quay Coop a couple of times while in Cork now, and every time I've enjoyed the food tremendously. I'm not a card-carrying veggie, but enjoy a good veggie meal every now and again. This place is a great alternative to the standard nosh you see on most other lunch-time menus. Looking forward to my next trip to Cork already..