“Go for the steak!”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ate here recently and was very pleasantly surprised. I've heard good things about the restaurant but had never had the pleasure myself! From the friendly welcome, to being talked through the impressive menu - all the ingredients seem to be local and fresh, two things which I think help the the food to be so delicious!

My partner went for the tasting plate and duck and I had a glorious broad bean risotto which I'd have happily eaten my weight in. Light, flavourful with a hint of fresh in the after taste, followed by the steak (it was toss up between that and the duck confit). While pricey I do believe you get what you pay for.

We were very impressed, a very minor point was that the desert servings were a bit small but it's not that we went hungry or anything!

Definitely a chef who knows what he's about.

We will be back! Thank you!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have being going to this restaurant .for many years.I have always found the food ,staff and over all ambiance to be most enjoyable ,its not a bacon and cabbage restaurant it's classy .

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've taken it upon myself to visit the 4 or 5 restaurants in Cork that I've had in my head as being better than the rest. Given that I am normally a budget diner and these restaurants are on the pricey side it will take some time but this was my first stop as I'd been wanting to try it for a long time, and was not disappointed.

It was early on a week night and it was not very busy but the dining area had no shortage of ambience due to the clever layout and interior decorating. It was immediately evident that the staff were very professional and knowledgable which I think is a must for fine dining.

The food throughout the meal was excelent. Particular highlights were a smoked sweetcorn soup, pan-fried John Dory, crab meat mayonaise, spiced beef croquette and pistachio creme brulee. If I have one criticism it would seem as though there is a little laziness when it comes to the creation of the menus. I had a rillette and brioche toast with both my starter and main and from keeping an eye on the changing menus I have noticed that the same things occur frequently with slight variation (crouqettes, creme brulee, etc.). Also, given the price it is disappointing that a side dish does not come with mains as standard.The wine was also excellent and I'm guessing that it is specifically sourced as I have not been able to get the same one we drank on the night.

Overall, I would highly recommend this dining experience, for special occasions only for budget diners like myself but I will certainly be going back...in a year or two.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

we had read & heard a lot about this restaurant so decoded to give it a try. we were not sorry. great staff, very friendly . food presentation was excellent & a very nice selection to choose from, different priced menus. wine is expensive !

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The love and attention that has gone into the menus is evident here; it's French cuisine with very innovative twists and always in reference to season. Wines are also excellent. Well worth it for a special occasion as it is expensive!