“Sunday lunch, great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Les Gourmandises
Ranked #68 of 625 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Sunday lunch, great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was suggested by a friend to visit this restaurant, and I went for a Sunday lunch.
The service was great, the wine amazing and I have eaten the most tasteful lunch in Cork ever. The starter, the main course and the dessert was equally amazing.
After this experience, I will definitely go back.
The restaurant has a warm atmosphere, I will suggest it for couples in particular. It might seem a bit expensive, but in my opinion it's worth the price.

• Visited September 2012

Cork, Ireland
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not sure how I had never heard of this restauant but WOW. We had the most wonderful meal EVER here for my birthday. The restaurant is cosy and the tables are a little close but the food is absolutely amazing - the presentation is beautiful, the food flavours and combinations are sensational and the staff are incredibly attentive. You have to try the tasting plates to get a true experience of what this wonderful gem has to offer. Definitely my number 1 restaurant in Cork ... Well done everyone!

Visited August 2012
Thank . .
Melbourne, Australia
“Nearly fine dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The entree, a complex dish with egg was amazing. As the main course I fancied was not available I chose a beef in red wine casserole with mash. Both were far too salty. The cheese to follow was ok, not special. We chose the wine (white) as the hoped for main course was fish and as it was opened enjoyed it with beef. Red would have been far better.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Drimoleague
“Just one more step!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I visited Les Gourmandises for the first time on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was excellent, the service attentive without being intrusive,the atmosphere highly conducive to a pleasant dining experience and last but not least excellent value for money. I believe that the variety of choices and the superb presentation and quality of the food are on a par with the Michelin starred Dublin restaurants Chapter One and L'Ecrivain. I was somewhat disappointed,however, that a restaurant of this standard did not present Amuse Bouche or serve homemade Petit Four with the coffee. The bread served at the start of the meal was also excellent but the broken wicker basket in which it was served and which was immediately noticeable, somewhat detracted from the overall effect.
The comments above obviously in no way detract from the standard of the food or our enjoyment and we will certainly be back.

• Visited October 2012
“Always special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I love going to Les Gourmandises. Soizic is a fantastic hostess - she knows her stuff and the service is attentive but never overbearing. The food is always stunning and delicious. Early bird deals are the best value in Cork esp considering the superb quality of the food. Best restaurant in Munster by a long mile, awards all well deserved. We'll be back soon!

Visited September 2012