“Lovely wine and service, but bland pizza”
Review of Milano

Milano
Ranked #352 of 667 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped into Milano on Oliver Plunkett Street on a busy Saturday night and a very lovely girl quickly showed us to a table even though we hadn't booked. The menu looked fantastic, and it was very difficult to choose because each option looked to be equally delicious. We finally decided and placed our orders which appeared in front of is in what seemed like no time at all.
I would have to describe the pizzas as being mean, a bare scraping of tomato sauce, and very sparing with the toppings. The result was 2 very bland pizzas.
Luckily the wine was pretty delicious. And the service was great.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

First of all, i would like to say that i have been to milano over a dozen times with my friends over the past few years. i would like to say that it was one of my favourite restuarants in cork because i personally love italian food and like the selection of vegetarian pizzas they offer. I find the decor simple and nice and the ambience is good. i usally like to order garlic bread with cheese for a starter and then choose one of the vegetarian classic pizzas for main. I recently took my family who are visiting for dinner to Milano on a saturday night after a trip to the titanic museum in Cobh, which is must visit for people who like historical sites. This was their second visit to Milano, and on that occassion they had pleasant experience. on this occasion, we ordered a Leggera Superfood Salad to share and we found it very nice. For main course, i ordered the romano padana and my mother had the romano pomodoro pesto. This was the first time we order the romano pizza and unfortunately it was diffciult to eat, firstly it was to thin so you cannot cut it and it lacked in taste and texture. i had to fold it into a calzone to eat it. For dessert, my mother had icecream and i had the Tiramisu and a cappacinno, and we both found them tasty. Unfortunately, subsequent to that visit my mother was vomiting, and had diarrhoea and retching stomach pain for 2 days and couldnt get out of bed. That ruined the weekend for her. this i believe is partly due to the fact that none of the cooks were wearing gloves while preparing the food and also after the serving i saw the cook spray cleaning detergents on the tabes which they use to cook the pizza.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here and you know when you join a que to eat somewhere its usually worth waiting for.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was there recently with some friends and had to concentrate on listening to what they were saying because the place is so noisy ! Ok; there are a lot of families with kids, even the evening I was there but the noise seems to echo around the place...my husband said it felt like being in a big train station and I had to agree with him.
Food was ok but for what it was (pizza) a bit overpriced I thought. The waiters were very nice and very efficient.
Wouldn't go back again though because when I meet friends I haven't seen for a while it's nice to chat and to do that easily..

1  Thank Shamrockgirl
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I ate here with 4 others and in all honesty it was a great meal. The menu only offers you different (but very good) pizzas and some pastas. There are a few starters as well. The atmosphere, nothing amazing. I had the spicy pasta dish but I was surprised when it came out as macaroni as I don't think it said that on the menu. Everyone else had a different pizza which were all very good. I hear they do a buy one get one free coupon offer so it is well worth it with that! Wine is not priced bad between 19-30EUR.