“lovely grub but not eoough salmon”
Review of Luigi Malones

Luigi Malones
Ranked #90 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Luigi Malones serves delicious food from all around the world with authentic presentation. It is a perfect place for all your dining requirements. Enjoy our friendly atmosphere in relaxing surrounding with menu to cater for every occasion. Large parties and kids welcome!
cork ireland
“lovely grub but not eoough salmon”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

went to this restaurant on sat 18th/01/2014, a gift from my son and his wife. we ordered the buffalo wings for starters ,they were really mouth warering and plenty of them,for our main course i orderer salmon,gratin potatoes,and veg, my wife ordered barbecued chicken and gratin potatoes and veg. when the meals arrived my wifes plate looked to be overflowing,although on inspection the food was just well situated on the plate ,my meal on the othe r hand did not look big at all, a big pile of broccolli, and a very minute piece of salmon which was finished with three cuts of the knife.even though this tasted nice a biggr sized portion of salmon would be appriciated . i looked at the table next to me ,one of the diners also had salmon and her portion of fish was about the same size as the one i had. to my mind this meal,although served in very nice surroundings and nice staff was a poor reflection on our city for visitors

• Visited January 2014

Bantry, Ireland
“Food is good, atmosphere is awesome. Party here.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Food is good, fresh, tasty. On par with most decent Cork eateries.

Atmosphere & effort provided by the staff for occasions however, as a hotelier, I found very impressive. This reason alone is why I give 4 stars.

Perhaps the two times I've eaten the number of our party stressed the chefs but a good performance was made both times. Well done.

The terrace outside is a nice spot for polishing off the wine & unbuttoning your belt.

• Visited April 2013
ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldnt feed my dog in this place....”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Visited here during an xmas break back home in Cork. The whole experience was pretty abysmal to be honest. I was told "you must taste the chicken wings" - well it took me about 3 days to get the taste away. Truly horrible - drowning in grease.

The cocktails were terrible as well.

I remember when this place opened years ago it had a good reputation but it has gone downhill very fast.

When you consider the comparably-priced alternatives to this place in Cork City (scoozi's, Market Lane and Liberty Grill just to name a couple) then why would you bother going to Luigi Malones???

• Visited December 2013
cork
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I was here for the first time. The food was great the staff were very hard working and friendly and i loved the lay out of the place. This is a very well run restaurant as good as it gets. I will return soon.

Limerick, Ireland
“Good food and great atmosphere at lunch”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to luigi malones for lunch today. I was surprised there wasnt a specific lunch menu but the a-la-carte had lots of choice. We were seated promptly with a choice of seats. Our waiter wasnt saying much but took our order and delivered our food promptly and efficiently. The food was very good. It was very busy for lunch and there was a great buzz. Overall price for a starter (goujons) two mains (both fajitas) and two coffees was 55ish euro plus tip.