“Not made to feel very welcome-will not return”
Review of Luigi Malones

Luigi Malones
Ranked #90 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Luigi Malones serves delicious food from all around the world with authentic presentation. It is a perfect place for all your dining requirements. Enjoy our friendly atmosphere in relaxing surrounding with menu to cater for every occasion. Large parties and kids welcome!
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not made to feel very welcome-will not return”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in Cork for a night, down from Galway, just taking some time out for myself. Wandered upon Luigi Malones, and thought 'Oh, this looks good'. Felt like sitting outside, as it was a mild night. So I walked in through the doors, and said hello politely - said 'Table just for myself, please'. Waiter looked completely taken aback, and kind of snidely said 'Are you going to have something to eat?' - as if I was just going to sit outside for the sake of it!..... felt completely unwelcome and as if I was putting them to trouble. Felt like walking away, but it was wet and dark, and I was hungry. Waitress who took my order was very nice, very welcoming, huge contrast to yer man.
Average food, a very mish mash menu - don't think Luigi's knows what its theme is. All in all, would not go back. Got my food, ate and ran. Kudos to the pleasant dark-haired waitress, and the gent who I paid my bill to. Gotta work on one of their waiters though

1 Thank VGalway
LuigiMalones, Manager at Luigi Malones, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear VGalway,

Please allow me to convey my deep regret that you were made to feel unwelcome during your visit to Luigi Malones. After investigating the matter as best I can, it is my belief that your waiter was trying to ascertain which menu to give you, a food menu or a drinks menu. We have a relatively large outdoor seating area that is, due to the delightful Irish weather, mainly popular with customers simply looking to sit, have a coffee and watch the world go by. However, I would like to apologize on behalf of our staff if your waiters tone implied that you were not welcome to sit and enjoy your meal outside.

As for our menu; we are a very large restaurant and as such, can cater to a wide customer base. Our menu reflects this and although it is largely influenced by Italian Cuisine, we try to appeal to everyone and keep a diverse range of dishes from international cuisines available so as to give our customers a suitable amount of choice.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Cork, you will allow us a second chance to give you the warm welcome and great food and service we strive to consistently provide.

Regards,

Chloe Malone

Cork, Ireland
“I liked it others didn't”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I went to luigis last week with two of the girls for dinner and some drinks. It took a while for our waiter to take our order but we didn't rely mind as we were chatting away! Two of us got the late bird menu and the other just a main. About fifteen minutes later our main course arrived. We had ordered mussels as a starter each and the waitress was very apologetic and took the mains back. Five minutes later she arrived back telling us our waiter forgot what we asked for as a started so that took another ten mins! When the starter came it was lovely the mussels are divine and the sauce they come in is so delicious! After we finished our starters our mains were brought back out again and we realised that they had been microwaved. It was unfortunate that the mains had been brought out early and that was ok but I think they should have been made again fresh! I had the penne contadina and it was nice but having being microwaved I found that the pasta had gone very hard! Whenever I come here I always get that dish and it is always yummy but I was a bit disappointed this time! We had two pitchers of Long Island ice tea, there's not much in the pitcher only about a glass and a quarter each it was mostly ice! Although it was tasty our second pitcher was ordered before the main and didn't arrive until we were nearly finished which was a bit disappointing seeing as the restaurant wasn't that busy at that time so no excuse for it!

Cork
“Food ok, that's about as good as I can say.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Food ok, had use of 50% off bill card. Would not have been happy to have paid full price for what we got. Avoid the Lassagne, even an Irish mammy can make a better Italian version.

1 Thank Vinnie_Cork
“Rip off”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went here for dinner one night and I ordered off the Late bird menu. This included two courses for 21.95. I ordered the margerita pizza and the profiteroles. It definitely was not value for money. How they can charge 21.95 for a cheese pizza and profiteroles is beyond me. They are definitely ripping people off as on the a la carte menu the pizza is priced at 11.70. On my bill it came in at 16.95 which is outrageous for a basic pizza. If I had ordered off the a la carte menu rather the 'value' for money late bird menu, my meal would have been five euros cheaper. I will not be returning.

Cork, Ireland
“Luigi malones cork”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Luigis is one of the best restaurants in Cork for its mouthwatering food,fantastic atmosphere and friendly staff. It's a child friendly restaurant which is a big PLUS!!!!
For great food and reasonable prices, luigis is the place to go!!!!

• Visited June 2013