“Good Food, Excellent Staff/Service, Great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luigi Malones

Luigi Malones
Ranked #101 of 632 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Luigi Malones serves delicious food from all around the world with authentic presentation. It is a perfect place for all your dining requirements. Enjoy our friendly atmosphere in relaxing surrounding with menu to cater for every occasion. Large parties and kids welcome!
Cork, Ireland
“Good Food, Excellent Staff/Service, Great value!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I used to be a sceptic regarding Luigi Malone's, but that was before I'd even be there. My wife is addicted to their "Toblerone" Cheesecake. So off we went. I have to say, between the food and the service I was convinced! The "Wings" are the best in Cork hands down. The 'hanging meat skewers' are my favorite and the Peri Peri Chicken is my wife's usual. Being American, my customer service expectations are exceptionally high, and not only were they met, but they were exceeded by the polite, friendly staff. From our table service to the manager (Xavier) everyone was friendly and helpful. It is now our first choice when we dine out with our daughter. Did I mention how child friendly? And it's a big enough place that we never feel bad about bringing her along. We can be seated well away from those without kids! A very easy, enjoyable, affordable night out!

• Visited June 2012

Cork
“Very nice staff, family friendly , large choice of food.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Was in Cork last week for diner with my wife and two kids . We called to make a booking earlier and were seated on time. Even if the place was full , we could appreciate the fact that the staff were doing their best , and even joking with kids ( they provided them some coloring pages which gave us a bit of peace. ) My wife enjoyed her nice fajitas, the kids their pizzas and my fillet steak medium well was perfect!Will definitely go back whenever we are back in town!

• Visited January 2013
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Closed for business”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was looking forward to my first visit to this restaurant last Sunday (Jan 27) and arrived at 8.15pm (without a reservation but having checked the opening time in advance on their website, which states '10am-Close Mon-Sat | Sun 1pm-9pm') but when I asked for a table for 1, I was informed that the restaurant was closed (despite the fact that there were still groups finishing there meals at several tables) and that they close at 8pm on Sunday. I will not have an opportunity to write an other review as I do not intend to go back, but I suppose I should be pleased to see that at least one restaurant in Cork is doing well enough to turn away customers and close early despite the recession.

Visited January 2013
LuigiMalones, General Manager at Luigi Malones, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Maurice O'Keeffe,

First of I would like to apologize for what happened to you at our restaurant on Sunday 27.01.13.
I absolutely can understand your disappointment when walking in restaurant supposedly closing at 9.00, the manager informs you that they were closed at 8.15.
You wanted to know our establishment and we didn't respond to your effort quiet well, and for that, again, I am sorry.

We, that precise Sunday, were after a very busy day, and as a result were out of stock of quiet few dishes of the menu.
While it might not seem a problem, we like to make sure anyone who would come in the restaurant could get everything from our menu and again after an unexpectedly day we ran out of few dishes. So we had to close a bit earlier than usual.
Whilst I know that this may be of little consolation to you we have to operate such a policy, I hope that this explanation gives you an oversight of things from our perspective.

Notwithstanding this we are genuinely upset that you as it was your first experience at Luigi Malones, I wish to let you know taht the next time you will be coming at the restaurant, I will personnaly will look after you. So please call us to make a reservation and do mention my name while making the reservation. We will make sure to provide you a great service in the hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Looking forward to see you soon,

Best regards,

Xavier Payan

Assistant General Manager
Luigi Malones restaurant
1,2 Emmet Place
xavier@luigimalones.com
Cork
“Amazing Food, Friendly Staff, Lovely Atmosphere, Great Value.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After a day of shopping with the missus we stopped into Luigi Malones for a bite to eat. I had the Buffalo Wings for starter and Penne Chicken Contadina. The wings were the tastiest I've ever eaten and I've a haven't had a nicer pasta dish in my life. It was 5 o clock on a saturday and the place was buzzing with shoppers and people out for an early meal. I couldnt say enough things about the place. Can't wait til the next time I go there. The bill was 28 euro for the two of us which was fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

First off, we have found that there are a lot of really average restaurants in Ireland in general. So, while Tommy Tiernan was playing the Cork Opera House across the street, my wife and I decided on something different from the Irish food we'd been eating for days prior. Luigi Malone's got our attention by the name alone.

Service was excellent - attentive and friendly. Food was OK. Better than average (but that bar had been set pretty low). We kept it simple enjoying the Michelangelo Pizza and a glass of wine.

Pretty decor. Decent food. Good service and we met a lovely couple from Blackrock (where we had stayed the week prior). All in all, memorable ... in a good way.

• Visited July 2012