“I stayed in Number Forty Eight for three...”
Review of Number Forty Eight

Number Forty Eight
Ranked #40 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
“I stayed in Number Forty Eight for three...”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed in Number Forty Eight for three nights with my wife. It was the best three nights in our life! We liked breakfast,room,service.Everythong was amazing! We felt like at home!
We had lovely fresh flowers in the room!
Jerry was amazing host and we will defo come back next year!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Alexandroshrk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed here in June 2010, and found the location shady, the rooms dirty (bugs on the floor), and the sleep quality poor (due to the train station right outside the place).

But worst was that my mother tried closing the window blind, which immediately fell on her head. When we advised Jerry of this, he tried to charge us $75 for for repairs. It's now Sept, and when my husband disputed the charge to his credit card, he charged mine. He's been completely unapologetic about the broken blind and persistent in trying to charge us for something that was broken when we arrived. Awful!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hcal716

Travelers are raving about these Cork hotels

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Jerry was a very friendly and accommodating host.
I'm sorry I didn't get to experience his legendary breakfast!
The room was no frills, but plenty adequate for my needs.
It's about a 10 min. walk to a surprisingly bustling downtown life. It's not in the best area of town. But, at no point did I feel in any danger.
Overall, if you're pretty low-maintenance, I would completely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bmayo27
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed here last week with my 12 year old daughter. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Jerry was the perfect host and made us feel very welcome from the time we arrived until the time we left. The breakfasts were amazing, so much so that the clothes I left had home had shrunk by the time we got home!! I would thoroughly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Cork - try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank alunphillips
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Jerry seemed a bit gruff but was very accommodating and a great cook. We were a little worried about the area, especially the train tracks out back, but the room was quiet and the neighborhood fine. A bit tricky to get to from the bus station, so come prepared with directions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsYingling
Leicester
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The greeting we received from Jerry was so gracious and friendly, Jerry was very warm and welcoming and made a fabulous breakfast. Number forty eight was a fantastic, homely B&B. It was spotlessly clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Jerry and his staff were exceptionally hepful and obliging. My friends and myself agreed that we would definately go again. A delightful stay - highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charmaine30
Boston, MA
Reviewed December 10, 2008

As the proprietor of Number Forty Eight, Jerry Spillane redefines service and offers a home away from home for every type of traveller. He provides just the right amount of personal attention and treats every patron like family. For each of the four days I spent in Cork, every one of them was dramatically improved by Jerry's knowledge of the city and helpful insights, not to mention his phenomenal breakfasts! The room was the perfect size, extremely clean, and very cozy. And the location was ideal! I've already recommended Number Forty Eight to friends, and will continue to do so without reservation! I look forward to visiting Cork again soon, and wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Liked — The service was unparallel!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed November 2008