“More than an Airport Hotel!”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wicklow, Ireland
“More than an Airport Hotel!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family for two nights. The hotel is well located as it is approximately 15 minutes from Cork city, 30 minutes from Kinsale and 20 minutes from Cobh. We visited all 3 locations during our stay. Our rooms were very spacious with two very comfortable double beds in each room. Lovely cool temperature with air conditioning and nice to see a fridge in the room. Very peaceful night's sleep. Foyer has comfortable sofas where you can relax and watch the world go by. Delicious food in the New Yorker bar. Mixed opinions about breakfast though! Staff were very friendly and helpful - especially our barman Dennis who helped find an item I had lost. Overall we had a wonderful stay in this hotel. It is much more than an Airport Hotel and treats its guests very well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Turas0ir,

I was pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of our ideal location to do a bit of traveling. I was also delighted to see that you were able to dine with us in our new bar and enjoy the comforts of your room. I will be passing your kind comments on to Denis and the rest of the team. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Aaron Mansworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Hotel stylish, big spacious rooms with comfy beds,nice T.v with music system and wifi in rooms . Food good but had to wait for a while. Staff very friendly. Great Location. Good Facilites

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Eimearm M,

I was pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. I was especially happy to see that you enjoyed your dining experience. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed one night at the beginning of our trip. It was quiet (despite proximity to the airport), relaxing and the room was very comfortable. The included breakfast had variety and was fresh. We had such a positive experience we changed plans at the end of our trip to stay there for our last night. We enjoyed good food and wine at the New Yorker and the service was excellent. Regardless of the room rate paid, this hotel stands for quality, superior customer service and value for money. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DrKL2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to see that you had such a positive experience, especially in our newly refurbished bar, The New Yorker. I hope to welcome you back again on your next flight out of Cork.

Best Wishes,

Ballyclare
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just a quick update since my previous review giving the Cork International Hotel 10/10. Interior in the public areas has totally changed and is much more sophisticated without losing too much of the original quirkiness. Bedrooms have been left alone :), Have to add, lost my mobile phone during my last business trip and called the hotel 4 days later haven given up hope, they had my phone and posted registered post straight away, many thanks to all involved and I owe you €6 for the postage next time in town,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peterhkirk,

I was delighted to see that you had another great stay with us. We are very pleased with the new refurbishment and I was glad to see you enjoyed it too. I was so happy to see that you were able to find your mobile phone. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in town.

Waverly, Minnesota
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked one room night to make our early flight out easier. It was no more money than the other typical tiny European double rooms we stayed in all week...we got a lot for our money here! The restaurant was good, the rooms were huge and it all felt very new and comfortable. Definitely a stretch from the city center but a great choice for flying in or out. The receptionist even called Hertz to figure out how to return our rental car.

Room Tip: There are not exactly opportunities for a good view, just book something close to the main level for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear KBAKE0427,

I was very pleased to see that you were able to enjoy a night at our hotel before your early flight. I was especially pleased to see that on this occasion the Front Office team went the extra mile for you and I will be passing your kind review on to them. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Ireland.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when we came back drom our family sun holiday and also parked our car here when we were gone. The hotel itself has a great location and is just a 10 min walk across a carpark to the terminal building . We ate in the bar before flying out and found both the food and service to be excellent. It was great getting back on a late flight abd being so close to the terminal. The one negative point id have to make about this hotel is that although there is 24hr room service it is significantly reduced menu after midnight and the selection is very poor. We were hungry after our long flight so this wasnt idel for us . Overall the hotel was good value @ €105 inc parking for the week .

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Chris20127,
The Cork International is indeed conveniently located to the airport. Our Stay, Park, and Fly package is ideal for people heading to and from holidays. I will be looking into the room service menu with both our Food and Beverage Manager and our Head Chef. I hope to welcome you back on your next flight from Cork.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely of hotel this was, despite being very close to the airport it had a real calmness to it. The staff were very helpful & courteous & nothing was too much trouble. The cinema room complete with relaxation massage chairs was amazing!! As was the breakfast area done out like the inside of an aircraft, very quirky! Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice, their was a chef on hand to cook your eggs exactly as you wanted them. Will definitely use this hotel on my next visit to Cork.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jerseygirl1956,
I was delighted to see that you had such a nice stay here at the Cork International and were able to avail of some of our facilities. Our Cloud 9 cinema is indeed very popular as is the Strata Restaurant, where you were able to have breakfast. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us on your next visit to Cork.
Best Wishes,