“Lovely surprise”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked the hotel as we had an early morning flight and it was the closest to the airport. We only wanted a clean room and a comfortable bed as our stay was so short. However due to the receptionist Sarah and the staff it became part of the holiday for us. We arrived late and tired after a day of cleaning and packing but Sarah was so welcoming. She made such a fuss of our two boys that we felt totally relaxed in the hotel. We had a lovely meal in the bar and thought it was reasonably priced. I loved the quirky decor especially the breakfast room (it looks like the inside of an airplane). On our return we decided to stay the night. Sarah remembered us all and even offered to pick up a special milk for my son for the morning if we did not have enough. We availed of a lovely breakfast in the morning which set us up for the day.We have stayed in many lovely hotels but it is the staff especially Sarah and their attentiveness that really make the Cork International Airport stand out and it was a great way to start and finish our holiday

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eleanor C
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Eleanor C,
I would like to thank you for writing such a lovely review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you made Cork International Airport Hotel part of your family holiday. Sarah is a star and a great asset and always willing to go the extra mile for the guest as is our policy in the hotel.I hope you and your family will stay with us the next time you are flying from Cork Airport or visiting the Cork area. Once again thank you for such a excellent review the team and I genuinely appreciate your time and feedback.

Best Wishes,

There are newer reviews for Cork International Hotel

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Absolutely loved staying here. The staff were quite possibly the friendliest and most helpful I have ever come across in a hotel. You would expect a more impersonal feel to the place given that it's beside the airport and quite big, but there were certain members of staff who would stop for a chat every time they saw us. The food was lovely, I'd recommend the calamari! The only problem we had was that as a young couple we wanted to go out and experience the nightlife which costs a bit in a taxi, but was worth it. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear GraceK,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on trip advisor. I was delighted that the team made you feel welcome. I will be passing your kind comments to the Chef regarding the calamari.
There is a regular public bus to and from the city centre running late in the evening should someone require.

Once again thank you for writing such a lovely review.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went to cork international airport hotel on 9th December '12. Greeted by Anne with a welcoming smile. Following morning on my way to collect my husband who is working in Saudi Arabia and got a call to say 41/2 delay in Heathrow, mentioned this to Sarah the receptionist and was given free parking plus told to use cloud 9 room which was the highlight of my stay, massage chairs, videos and total relaxation. Once the flight was due in, driver for shuttle bus called and brought me to airport. After my husband arrived, a quick courtesy call from airport and hotel shuttle bus picked us up. Stayed last weekend in a dublin 4* hotel and no comparison. Cork internationational airport hotel 6* in comparison.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank maryhowlin

Dear MaryHowlin,
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that we catered for your individual needs, and that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that Anne and Sarah looked after you very well especially when your husband’s flight was delayed. The Cloud 9 room is a big success with our guests and we hope more will avail of its free service.
I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited cork on January 3rd and 4th, and chose to stay in Cork Airport International Hotel.
Initial impressions were positive with a very satisfactory check in experience. The receptionist (Sarah) was most professional in her approach, in addition to being helpful and customer focused.
Our room was top quality, with nothing out of place.
Breakfast was better than I had experienced in many other hotels in recent months, with excellent brown bread, and a very attentive waitress.
Access to Cork city centre is not as good as some other hotels, but we knew this before we booked.
Overall, this hotel visit exceeded expectations, and I will most certainly book again, when next visiting Cork. The prices were very competitive,

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Courtmac2013

Dear Courtmac2013,
Many thanks for taking the time to express your views on our hotel. We are always delighted to hear such positive comments. I am delighted to hear that Sarah impressed you and lifted those January blues.
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Breakfast. I will pass on your kind comments to the Food and Beverage Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.
Warm Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had an early flight from Cork Airport on the return of our short break to Ireland. I booked the room as it was described as being close to the airport. The room was very reasonably priced, and to be honest i wasn't expecting much, we just wanted a room for the night.

However the hotel is of an extremely high standard, good sized clean rooms, modern decor, friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is literally a few minutes walk to the terminal building.

We did not book breakfast due to our early start, but the hotel provided complimentary drinks and pastries.

The hotel food was of a high standard as well. We would highly recommend .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coljoylane l
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear coljoylane,
On behalf of the staff & team at the Cork International Airport Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I hope you had a pleasant flight home.
Thank you for all your positive feedback in relation to our hotel décor, staff & service. We strive on a daily basis not only to meet our guests expectations but to exceed them. The early breakfast is a big hot with guests leaving early in the morning.

Warmest regards

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Cork International Airport Hotel is superb on price/value. It's convenient, comfortable, and clean with good service and good food. The rooms are 4 to 5 star quality. The prices are very reasonable. We booked via the Ryanair web site, and found another genuine bargain.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Tim B,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write A review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with your recent stay. We take enormous pride in the level of service we provide here at the hotel.
We are always keen to gather as much feedback as possible and I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay so much.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Cork international Airport Hotel.

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Earlier this month I needed to stay in Cork for just one night. City centre hotels were either fully booked or overpriced.
The Cork International Hotel proved to be a real gem and I will be using it again.
The building itself is interesting..different..yet very comfortable.
The check in was friendly..efficient and I was at once made to feel welcome.
The room was large,well appointrd and spotlessly clean.
As I had had a long day I ordered room service. I am a ceoliac and got all the information I needed when placing my order. The meal was of restuarant standard and beautifully served.
Breakfast was way up there on the scale and my stay was rounded off with again quick,friendly and helpful check out.
I would like to reccoment this Hotel to anybody visiting Cork..dont be put off by location..taxi to town centre was under €10.
Go see it and be amazed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BrigidCo_Dublin
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear BrigidCo.Dublin,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The entire team takes pride in the standard of service we offer which is why I so delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on all of your wonderful comments to the entire team. I am delighted we were able to help you with your dietary requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Warmest Regards