“It ticked all the boxes”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ennis, Ireland
“It ticked all the boxes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at international for 7 weeks in total.Had a variety of rooms,all well appointed.Family joined me for a few days on week three and the family room was huge.The hotel is really funky and the breakfast area is rather eyecatching.The only qualm I have is the bar menu, it would be nice if vegetables and potatoes were an option instead of chips.Laura and Sarah in reception were a pleasure to deal with.Definately be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Loula,

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at The Cork International Airport Hotel. We have a lot of long stay guests and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the unique décor and ambiance of the hotel. I will of course be passing you kind comments regarding your stay onto the entire team here in the hotel. We have just changed to our Winter Menu in the bar so I hope that you will enjoy our new dishes the next time you are back with us.

Once again thank you for such a lovely review, the team and I genuinely do appreciate it.

Kindest Regards,

Aaron Mansworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Charlwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very quirky, interesting decor, well laid out,

A one night stay in October for a couple of business meetings, as part of the booking we got a complementary cab into the city (€15-€20).

Reception is on the 1st floor, which is slightly odd, but we were handled professionally. We had parked our hire car in the car park and there were lots of cars with parking permits on display. We asked about this and were re-assured that we didnt need one. But the Welcome Folder in the room indicated that we had to have one, so I returned to the desk (no answer to the phone) to ask. Again was re-assured there would be no problem for a single overnight stay.

The rooms were very well presented, clean, double AND single bed. Mini-bar on request (great idea), plenty of working space, iron and board provided.

Problems? Sink drained very slowly (I forgot to report this!), A/C set to a minimum of 19C. I'd prefer it a little bit cooler. But thats being picky. As a large framed person, bath towels are always an issue for me and these were no different.

Slept very well and breakfast was substantial and varied. Scrambled eggs on the buffet, other varieties available to order. Free Irish Times provided. Any room for improvement? A slightly better quality sausage would make it just about perfect.

Very good. Would stay agan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Crispness,

I would like to thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your stay, especially at check in. I was however disappointed to learn that there was an issue with the sink in your bedroom and will be having our maintenance team look at this today. I will be sharing your feedback regarding breakfast with our Executive Head Chef.

The team and I are always keen to gain as much feedback from our guests as possible and once again thank you for your review. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are staying in the Cork Area.

Thank you for your review.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in Sept (park and fly) and as usual was very impressed with room size, friendly professional check in staff. A great welcome was very welcome after a long drive in wind and rain. We found the rooms were spotless and had tea / coffee making facilities. Tv had excellent choice of channels and bathroom was immaculate. I regularly use this hotel and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We used 3 rooms on this occasion and all three couples felt the same. Special mention to the very friendly barman and minibus driver who was very helpful. Looking forward to staying there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dixie,

On behalf of the entire team here in the Cork International Airport Hotel I would like to thank you for writing such a fantastic review of your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you have stayed with us before and that we met your expectations during this stay again. I will be passing your kind comments about the quality of our bedrooms, the professional welcome at check in and in the bar onto all here in the hotel. I hope you and your friends had a safe and enjoyable trip abroad.

I hope we get to welcome you all back to the hotel the next time you are flying form Cork Airport.

Kindest Regards,

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I read the very mixed reviews on Trip Advisor and was a bit concerned that the Hotel might not be Ok. However I was reassured by a friend who knew the hotel and said it was very good - it was. The lounges bars and reception areas are bright clean and very comfortable. the bedrooms are spotless - they are cleaned every day with fresh towels provided The bathrooms are large- ours had a shower over bath and again it was cleaned thoroughly every day. The staff were generally very helpful though one of the male receptionists was abrupt and could do with a bit of training.The food was really fantastic - great menu high quality food cooked to perfection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laim g
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Laim,

Thank you for expressing your opinion of your recent stay with us on Trip advisor. I was of course disappointed to read that you felt we have mixed reviews on trip advisor, as we are currently number rated number 2 of all hotels in Cork. I was however pleased to read that you were impressed by the team here in the hotel as well as our bedrooms and bar and restaurant. Your opinions have been noted, and I will be sharing your comments with all.

Kind Regards,
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed there for 2 weeks. They had a great full irish breakfast. Peter at reception was great to provide information about the city and great help. The hotel is a very nice experience, and right next to the airport, great for early flights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your two week stay with us here in the hotel. I will be passing your kind comments about the breakfast and hotel itself onto all, especially Peter.

Once again thank you for writing such a lovely review.

Kenilworth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stopped here overnight after a late flight into Cork. A little confusing to find even though it's a stone's throw from the terminal.
Staff very friendly and helpful even late in the evening and rooms clean and well presented.
The restaurant area is styled around an aircraft fuselage and cleverly done. From a travellers point of view, probably glad to be eating outside the fuselage rather than in it, but great fun for kids of all ages (several tourists took photos as it is so unusual).
Didn't eat an evening meal here but would be happy to recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Cork International Airport Hotel. The team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you found the team the friendly and our bedrooms clean and spacious. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the unique décor and ambiance of the hotel.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are visiting the Cork region.

Kind Regards,

Bangor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Large, shiny, spotlessly clean hotel with interesting airport-themed decor and a vintage car in the foyer. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I was given a huge room with a king-sized bed which was very comfortable.
The hotel is so close to the airport and car-hire return that I took my car back the night before my flight and just walked to the terminal the following morning. It's a very easy walk down some steps if you're not carrying much luggage.
The bar is great with excellent service and tasty food. Even as a lone female traveller, I felt perfectly relaxed and happy having a couple of beers and my dinner there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ghostlymand
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We take enormous pride in the level of service we provide here in the Cork International Airport Hotel and I was so pleased to read your kind comments.

I will be passing your kind comments about the quality of the food and service in the O Bar onto the entire food and beverage team. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.