“Great nights sleep; very good room”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
“Great nights sleep; very good room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived to this hotel late on a Friday evening (flight); very tired - after an 18 hour day on the go. Easiest access is to walk, but no one mentioned that one has to drive out of the airport (to the second roundabout) to access the business park where the hotel was located. After a minor hiccup we checked in and the room was quite large; plenty of room for our small family. The room was clean, well laid out and tidy. It had both a bathroom and a separate shower room - good idea for us trying to get ourselves together in the morning. All in all no complaints. The bar downstairs was also a good place to blow an hour before sleeping. They were offering a full menu late into the evening - though apparently a small sandwich was only available in the room via room service? Regardless - we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our large and spacious bedrooms, and especially our additional shower room in the executive bedrooms. We serve dinner in the O Bar until 10 pm every night and provide a comprehensive 24 hour room service menu here at the hotel as well. Overall I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel again soon.

Aaron Mansworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at cork airport hotel on our way for a hoilday to spain. The check in was hassle free. I had requested a smoking room [ i know i should give up ] this was not a problem. my husband does not smoke but on entering the room you would never have known it was a smoking room, no smell of smoke at all. Room was bright and spotless. Bed was a king size and very comfortable. As we were leaving on an early flight we were given a take a way breakfast yum yum. We ate in the bar the evening food selection was 10 out of 10 and tasted just as good. Staff were very helpfull and pleasent. Would have no problem in staying in this hotel for a week. keep up the good work everybody.

Room Tip: very quite hotel you will find it hard to beat
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryanne p
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Maryanne,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Cork international Airport Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your husband had such a lovely stay. I will pass your kind comments about your bedroom as well as the helpfulness of the team onto all here in the hotel. I hope you had a lovely holiday in Spain.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel soon.

Middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I selected this hotel after looking at the pictures on their web site. It is unique! The decor is that of an airport. The check in desks had lights in the shape of globes. The restaurant had some tables made with seats from airplanes and were enclosed with exterior parts from planes. Bright colors in the lobby and lobby restrooms - well you have to see it to believe it. The architect and interior decorators must have had a blast designing this hotel. On to the rooms - amazing!!! They were spacious, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, plenty of storage room and two modern bathrooms in our regular room. The parking was free and wifi supplied to the rooms. Breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of selections to please every palate. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Price was excellent. The hotel is located about a 20 minute drive from the Blarney Castle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the unique décor and ambiance of the hotel. We are very proud of the modern and airplane themed design of the hotel. I will pass your kind comments about our bedrooms, breakfast buffet and helpfulness onto the entire team here in the hotel. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Cork area or flying from Cork Airport.

Once again thank you for writing such a fantastic review. I genuinely appreciate your feedback.

Best Wishes,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are comfortable, and the staff is really excellent. They go above and beyond to accommodate any need, and are always friendly when interacting with them in passing. The restaurants and 24-hour room service make dining convenient, perfect for business travelers. The breakfast buffet is my favorite part about this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the business park are quieter and have a slightly better view (vs. rooms that face the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Liz,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and were impressed with the yes and can do attitude of the entire team here in the Cork International Airport hotel. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon. Lastly, I will be passing your kind comments about the team and the quality of our breakfast buffet onto all.

Thank you for such a positive review.

Kind Regards,

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend, our daughter(4) and I stayed here for one night prior to our holidays, so we left the car there for the week. We got a great deal.

We got a family room on the first floor, it was huge, 2 big double beds, lots of space, a massive wardrobe and finally my favorite....two, yes TWO bathrooms!

Very comfortable sleep, even though we were right next to the airport.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, even down to making pancakes for my daughter.

Yeh shuttle bus was prompt and when we arrived home the following week late at night we just phoned from the free phone at arrivals, the bus came within minutes and dropped us right to the car!

Fab hotel, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Shell H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for writing such an excellent review of your recent stay on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the size and comfort of our executive family bedrooms. I was also impressed to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and that your daughter enjoyed our home made pancakes! I will pass your kind comments onto the entire team here in the Cork International Airport Hotel as the team and I are always keen to gather as much guest feedback as possible.

I hope you and your family had a lovely holiday and will stay with us the next time you are flying from Cork Airport.

Ballyclare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Without fault!! Everything expected for a business stopover, free parking, good location, free WIFI, internet TV, large room with work area, great staff, quality buffet breakfast, would stay again and recommend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Peter,

I would like to thank you for writing such a fantastic review of your recent stay at The Cork International Airport Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel and facilities we provide here in the hotel. We are always keen to get feedback from our corporate guests, and your 10 out of 10 review is really appreciated by us all here in the hotel.

I hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are passing through Cork Airport.

Warmest Regards,

Canberra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here overnight, after flying in from the UK, before picking up a car next day for a few days driving around Ireland. We did arrive late, and had a little trouble finding someone to let us in, but apart from that it was a really comfortable, easy stay. Good breakfast the next morning, a nice big room with clean, comfrotable beds and a good sized bathroom. The hotel's quirky airport theme is really nice as well. It did the job we wanted, and would be happy to stay there again should the occasion arise!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Cork International Airport Hotel I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you had such a lovely stay and were looked after when you arrived late at night. I will pass your kind comments about the size and quality of our bedrooms as well as our buffet breakfast onto the entire team here in the hotel. We take enormous pride in the unique and quirky décor of the hotel, and I was so glad to read you enjoyed it too.

Once again thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,