“Starting the holiday on a high!!”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tipperary
“Starting the holiday on a high!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my second time staying here using the park and fly service! We got a beautiful room with a huge bed. Very comfortable!! The decor is someting you wouldnt see any where else! Food was lovely, cooked perfectly! Drinks lovely and cold! Shuttle service very handy and on time! What more do you need!!

3 Thank Carmel83
Dear Carmel,

I would like to thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us in the Cork International Airport Hotel on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort and décor of our bedrooms. I will certainly pass your kind comments about your meal onto our food and beverage team.

I hope that you had a lovely holiday abroad, and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are flying form Cork Airport. The team and I really do appreciate your fantastic feedback.

Aaron Mansworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is very funky and has earned it's trendy title. The decor is great in the communal areas and the service in the bar is excellent.

General: I booked the hotel through trivago and wanted to contact the hotel to confirm that they received our booking and payment. I emailed the hotel about our reservation and got no reply, I emailed again and got a reply stating the incorrect dates, I emailed back and got no reply. Very frustrating! However, when I rang they were very helpful and were quick to confirm our booking.

Parking: Parking was free, close to the hotel and very handy.

Food: Breakfast was included in our package and was served downstairs each morning. There was a huge choice of hot and cold food, all of which was excellent. The service was also very good and we really enjoyed our breakfast both mornings.

The Bedroom: We have stayed in this hotel twice. This time we stayed in the standard room. The rooms aren't up to the same trendiness factor as the rest of the hotel but they're modern, well cleaned and comfortable. The pillows are very very soft and we both woke up with neck pain after a night's sleep. A minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Our first visit to the hotel was a couple of years ago and I'm sorry to say that we don't think we'll go back again. The soundproofing wasn't great and on the first night I was awoken several times by noisy guests in the corridors. Granted there is nothing the hotel can do about people's behaviour but it was a nusiance nonetheless. The second night was a much bigger issue. We had the misfortune to have a room with an adjoining door which is obviously used for families but proved to be a real noise issue for us. At 4am on the second night we were woken by people packing their bags and talking so loudly next door that we could hear their conversation. At around 4.30am we'd had about enough and were about to ring reception when they thankfully departed for the airport. Unfortunately we were wide awake at that point and it certainly didn't make for a relaxing morning.

We reported this on checkout the next morning and were told that if we had contacted them, they would have changed our room. Fair enough but we didn't fancy changing rooms in the middle of the night. When we told them this noise was at 4am and not the ideal time to change rooms, the woman on reception did not reply. I was extremely surprised that she decided to ignore my comment and made no attempt to engage on the issue. Surely good business sense would dictate some sort of concession being made for our lack of sleep! We had ordered room service and had eaten in the bar so it wasn't an inexpensive weekend. We were both very disappointed by this response and it soured our viewpoint on the hotel.

Although we enjoyed the food, good service in the bar and at breakfast and Cork in general, we'll be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sassIreland
Dear Sass,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Cork International Airport Hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the level of service in the bar and will be sure to pass these kind comments onto our food and beverage team. I was disappointed to read that you did not receive a prompt response to your reservation enquiry, and I will be following up with our reservation department to ensure this does not happen again. I was also disappointed to read that you were disturbed by noise from the adjoining bedroom. I would like to apologize that you were not moved room immediately, however I realize that this is not always the best solution at 4.30 am. If you would like to contact me to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to do so.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you encountered.

Kindest Regards,

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed on 11 May for one night. The title sums up the entire experience. The rooms were spacious and very well appointed.

The best part was the unfailing courtesy and helpfulness of the entire staff. The front desk were folks really nice even helped take our luggage out to the shuttle van. We ate at the bar as the main dining room was booked to a tour group. They offered the full menu and gave superb service.

Great place. We will return.

1 Thank Bob K
Dear Bob,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for writing a review of your recent stay. It was fantastic to read such positive feedback and I will be sharing this with the team here in the Cork International Airport Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the service at the front desk and in the bar.

Once again thank you for writing such a fantastic review of your recent stay. The team and I really do appreciate this feedback, and I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards,

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here in april on our way home.This was our second time staying.It is great value for money rooms are a good size and as my husband said a good irish breakfast but there is plenty of choice for everyone .This hotel is superb top notch will be staying again in july . Would tell anyone great value park and fly. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fiona,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Cork International Airport Hotel. I was delighted to read that this was the second time you stayed with us. We take enormous pride in the level of service we provide here in the hotel and I am delighted that you will be returning to us in July.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in a few weeks!

Cork
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I went for lunch to this hotel with a friend on a Bank Holiday recently, We left this hotel feeling very underwhelmed. The restaurant was very quiet with only two other tables being occupied. The waitress that served us could not seem to grasp the idea that I wanted to order a Panini with Cajun Chicken and cheese, she kept reffering to the menu asking which one on the menu it was after a few minutes she eventually got the fact that I didnt want any Panini off the menu but just a panini with cheese and chicken! Not that complicated to understand you would think. She then went on to ask me if I had dietary requirements??????????? I found this very inappropriate to ask all because I didnt order exactly off the menu.
We then waited at least 20 mins for our food and when we got it, it was cold !!
I obviously didnt finish my lunch.
Not impressed at all , the Radisson nearby is much nicer , less expensive and with very friendly staff.
It astonishes me why anyone would choose to have lunch here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CorkShazzy
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear CorkShazzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to O'Bar on over the bank holiday weekend. I was disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with your lunch experience and have taken all your points on board.
I am sorry the waitress's approach was not appealing to you; I can assure you she was just making sure that the order was correct as there are quite a few hot chicken sandwiches on the menu. However as you can see from all the reviews on Trip Advisor we have a great reputation for all aspects of our service, including our food service.
We apologize for any unnecessary delays that you experienced and I have spoken with the team to ensure this is rectified immediately.
I would be happy to speak with you further on the matter should you wish to contact me, and hopefully we can welcome you back to hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This luxury hotel was a pleasant surprise. Right next to the airport, it was perfect for us since we needed a car park, after having travelled by car from Dublin and then we would fly to London. The hotel is superb, all top notch. Nicely decorated with an aeronautical theme. A plane that had been cut in half formed the seating for the restaurant was really cool. This made for a very interesting breakfast. Our room was spotlessly clean and huge. The amenities and furnishings were fantastic. The large bathroom and a separate shower room were really nice. Staff always extremely efficient and polite. The Irish breakfast was very good and lunch was fantastic (their salmon salad was unbeatable, the best I ever tried). And, as if all that wasn't enough, they still have free wifi and free shuttle to the airport, just in case you don't want to walk a couple of minutes. Their commitment to ensure the comfort of their guests is undeniable. We highly recommend this hotel, but, bear in mind; it takes ten minutes by car to get to the center of Cork.

1 Thank Sandra700
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Sandra,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor of your recent stay at the Cork International Airport Hotel. It was fantastic to read your comments about the unique style and décor of the hotel, especially our airplane themed “Strata Restaurant”. We all take enormous pride in the level of service we provide here in the hotel, and the entire team will be thrilled to read your kind comments about our commitment to service and guest comfort. I hope you and your family enjoyed your break away, and I really do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you all back again in the near future.

Once again thank you for such a fantastic review. We find that it is only through feedback like this that we can continue to grow our level of service.

Best Wishes to you and your family,

Kerry Ireland
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night, only wished it was more - did the park and fly so convienent, fantastic rooms, food and service, looking forward to staying again next year. Great hotel for kids too with plenty to do.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracey_Tralee
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Cork International Airport Hotel. I was delighted to read you fantastic review about our bedrooms, food and service and our special park and fly packages. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Hotel the next time you are flying from Cork Airport. Finally it was great to read that your children had an enjoyable stay, I hope they had the opportunity to use our private cinema “The Pullman Lounge” whilst you stayed with us.

Once again thank you for your fantastic review, the team and I really do appreciate it.