“Fantastic Cork & the Lovely Sunmount B&B”
Review of Sunmount B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Sunmount B&B
Ranked #24 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
birmingham
“Fantastic Cork & the Lovely Sunmount B&B”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I stayed here about a year ago and highly recommended staying at the Sunmount. I have been meaning to write this review for months and well as you can see I'm finally getting down to it. Paddy & Jane who own the Sunmount B&B are fantastic hosts and are always on hand to offer any assistance you may need and their wealth of knowledge of cork and it's surrounding areas. They will tell you all the best places of interest to visit and you will be spoiled for choice I can assure you that. The B&B is located 10mins from the city centre and is kept immaculately clean from top to bottom. The rooms are spacious and my bed was very comfortable and a large breakfast was provided every morning, just what you need to start the day before setting off to do lots of sight seeing. Ireland offers lots of history, culture and amazing sights and Cork itself is a wonderful place to stay and visit. The people are so very friendly and you can tell by the service in shops and restaurants that they want you to enjoy your experience of holidaying in Ireland and like me want to go back again. I do intend going back to Cork again and will check here first if there is a room available before thinking of staying anywhere else because I known it's such a great place to stay with two people you will regard as being friends at the end of your stay.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paddy & Jane for recmmending and advising me to Holiday in Lisbon portugal having enjoyed my visit to Cork so much.. You were right it is a Beautiful city and I loved it. I also enjoyed the ride on the No28 tram and it's journey and the view through some wonderful parts of Lisbon.
Many Thanks
Mr Richard Humphreys

• Liked — Extremely clean, good food & charming hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank BirminghamRich49

miskolc
Reviewed September 20, 2008

I spent a couple of nights in this marvelous B&B, not once but twice. It is very well located, only 10 minutes to the city center and it has a beautiful view from the hill. The rooms are spacious and clean and the whole house has a great atmosphere.
The hosts will make your stay very cozy, they are very friendly and helpful. You can always get some great advice about the local (and not so local) sights.
I can only recommend this place.
One thing for sure... you will never regret staying here

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank sweew
Ireland
Reviewed July 4, 2008

We stayeed in this B & B for one night and thought it was great. It was really clean, the owners were really friendly, the breakfast was lovely and they provided anything you needed.
The location was perfect and we felt really at ease in this place.
I would definitely recommend it and will return if in cork again.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wanderville
london
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I stayed at Surmount in April this year. It’s a brilliantly located B&B - only ten minutes walk to the very centre of Cork. The house is really delightful - the owners have a beautiful and impressive array of art and the rooms are all big, spacious and immaculately clean. Very friendly hosts, who are willing to impart all their knowledge about the best local places to visit , so you can get out a see the real Cork, and Basil the cat to curl up with when you return! I'd heartily recommend.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank LondonKitkat
London
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Centrally located and wonderful hospitality. Good beds which allowed me the best night's sleep I've had this year.

Great access for Cork's main attractions and walkable to local amenities. Highly recommended and would do repeat booking!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank GLofLondon
Lawrence KS
Reviewed March 27, 2008

As a student studying abroad in France, I ventured over to Cork City with my girlfriend for three nights. This was truly a nice taste of home. The room was very big and nice, as were the breakfasts each night. I looked forward to getting up each morning for them (and it beats a pastry every AM like here in France!)

Paddy and Jane were so nice and talkative, and also suggested that we take a day trip to Kinsale which was nice. The B&B is at the top of a big hill looking over the city and is, as advertised, pretty close to every thing.

Having stayed in some questionable places during my trip abroad I cannot overstate how welcoming and comfortable it was here. To keep it short: Go ahead and book it for this place because you wouldn't need anything else!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adamzme
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 20, 2008

My husband and I could not have been happier with the accommodations. We had been traveling for multiple days in multiple cities, and the friendly and wonderful atmosphere of the Sunmount was one of those rare experiences when both the city and the room compliment each other. We had no complaints. The cooking was excellent. I am a vegetarian, and the owners made a special trip before our arrival to compensate for that. I could not recommend this place more.

• Liked — Near the train and bus station. Very clean, and near shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple