Auburn House B&B
$189
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewstea and biscuitscity centregreat hostssecure parkingrestaurants and pubsirish breakfasttrain stationplace to staymaccurtain streetbed and breakfaststayed two nightsminute walktop floorrental carwithin walking distancethe location is perfectsteep hill
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Kieran and Olive run a very professional and comfortable business. After coming from a very busy school trip around Europe these rooms were by far the best. Most specious, clean, great bathroom, and quiet. Breakfast was also impeccable. Both were so happy to help us find anything we'd be interested in and gave us great recommendations, especially with local, less touristy places to go. They even gave us 10% off one of our meals out. We only stayed 2 nights and I wish it had been longer. I would love to visit cork again and would definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked our room just a few days in advance through email with Kieran, who was so quick to respond. When arriving, Kieran carried our (very heavy) bags up to our room. Olive returned back to the B&B quickly and immediately sat down with me to review all of the sites to see during our 2 days in Cork. She was so attentive and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was delicious and served very quickly. Olive knew exactly where to direct us for the post office and laundromat. She was so insistent we enjoy our day that she even picked up our finished laundry from us so we could spend the day out and about exploring everywhere she recommended we go! It was such a great stay. I was sad to leave! Would most definitely stay at Auburn House if I return to Ireland again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebekah B
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed two nights at Auburn House during our visit to Ireland. Olive and Kiernan were wonderful hosts, making us feel so comfortable. They were willing to help with any thing we needed. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were lovely. Just having the opportunity to meet and interact with the hosts is worth the stay!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula O
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at Auburn House for my 60th birthday hols, the greeting from Kieran & Olive was very friendly, which i had expected from the emails exchanged between us. The room was very comfortable & quiet, drinks & biccys on arrival with chat about Cork. Told of some nice eating places & pubs worth going to & they were lovely. The locals are very friendly & had some great times in the local pub. Breakfast was lovely & plenty of it, Olive couldn't do enough for you, will definately stay here again when going to Cork, would recommend this B & B. The only thing i would say is that it's at the top of a hill from the city centre so you need to be mobile. Many thanks Olive & Kieran for making the start of my hols special, Tony.

Room Tip: We were at the front & our friends were at the back upstairs & we both had a nice stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank maggot6851
Reviewed May 2, 2013

In March 2013 my wife and I made our second visit to Auburn House and thoroughly enjoyed our stay as a result of the charm and personalized attentiveness of Kieran and Olive. As stated by another reviewer, a warm welcome is priceless, and that is precisely what you'll find at this bed and breakfast. If you enjoy authentic experiences with genuine and thoughtful hosts, I highly recommend Auburn House.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple