We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Blue Dolphin House B&B
Ranked #27 of 59 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms, very reasonably priced; great breakfasts and owner was especially welcoming and full of advice on the area. We felt very well looked after.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RamirodeMaeztu

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Blue Dolphin is a lovely B&B. The owner was very friendly and informative about the area and history of Cork, and the map provided was very helpful. The en-suite room was small but very clean and comfortable, it was certainly nice having a double bed in a single room. The breakfasts were excellent and we were served when requested, even on the day we had an early trip and needed breakfast an hour before the usual serving times. Good location within walking distance of both the University and the town centre. I would recommend to anyone visiting Cork.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is a lovely B&B with very helpful proprieters. As a single woman travelling alone, I appreciate a secure environment. The house is very secure, and the staff are very helpful with maps and local knowledge. My ensuite room was very clean, bed was comfortable and the stay very affordable.

I would strongly recommend this B&B to everyone.

Room Tip: The double room (#2) is very quiet and faces the back garden).
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BethMasseyLincoln
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Owner was friendly and informative about the local area providing maps and infromation on places to visit and on how to reach our next destination. Rooms were clean and comfortable with good showers. Breakfast was served promplty and was exactly what we wanted. Location was excellent and parking is easy at the rear or front of the premises. Would recommend to anyone staying in Cork.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveandNel
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Correspondence prior to visit showed good understanding of tourists needs. Warm welcome and immediately focussing on what we wanted. As newcomers to Cork very helpful with advice and maps - just what we needed. Comfortable room,excellent food, no waiting, served when requested. Very pleased with location enabling us to leave car and walk everywhere.Car off the road and behind a locked gate. Very reasonable price. Would certainly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Original review with two ammendments:
I booked Blue Dolphin a couple of weeks ago. I told the proprietor that I had a meeting at 3pm today and that I would be claiming my stay on my expenses. When I arrived the owner was perfectly pleasant and I paid for my room. His receipt however did not have a VAT number on it and I said I would need to ask my manager if that was ok as I would expect him to be VAT registered (this is not the case as he is a small BnB and his turnover is not large enough to collect VAT). He then turned on me and I ended up having to find somewhere else to stay and due to having find a new place to stay, I was late for my meeting."

I have since had correspondance with this proprietor and even after admitting that I made an error in expecting him to be VAT registered and accepting that I did insinuate that I thought he may have been doing something wrong, I have not received an apology for the manner in which he spoke to me, for being agressive and over the top and the fact that he left me with nowhere to stay with my home 240 miles away.
He also threatened to send my name and address to other BnBs and to contact my employers. To what end I am unsure but it is against the law to circulate someone's personal details that were given in confidence to a third party without prior permission so I have made a complaint to the data protection commissioners and to Bord Failte. He made some other vague threat of taking it further.

I have no problem answering any questions by PM as I am under a nom de plume but will happily reveal my name to anyone in authority. I am not a difficult customer and I usually get on with people very well. I was dubious of this BnBs VAT situation because I had not come across this before, to be honest it had never occurred to me to ask before but due to having to claim on my expenses I did. I dont feel that I antagonised the proprieter to the extent that I should have been left roomless for the night or for any reason to be spoken to in the manner that I was. In fact the proprietor was extremely defensive when I asked him about the lack of VAT registration which led me to believe that he was doing something unlawful, which he is NOT.

I did not plan to go into great detail about this altercation but the subsequent emails and threats have left me no choice. I stand by everything I say in this review.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank prettygurrly
Reviewed March 9, 2011

If your requirements are: a homely B&B, a spotlessly clean room, a comfortable bed, a delicious Irish breakfast and your car in a locked off-street car park with CCTV...........all at a great price........then Blue Dolphin is the place for you. However if its trimings you want....scones on arrival, fresh flowers in the bedroom and a twenty option breakfast then I suggest you pay the price and go elsewhere. For value for money give me Blue Dolphin any day. We stayed recently in Blue Dolphin when we attended a conference in UCC and Blue Dolphin is spot on..........highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business