“Best B & B we have stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crawford Guest House B&B

Crawford Guest House B&B
Ranked #35 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“Best B & B we have stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was in search of a new apartment in cork with my boyfriend and we decided to stay the night in cork to check out the night life. We booked Crawfords B&B and we were pleasantly surprised when we entered a very nice room, we had to make sure it was a B&B and not a hotel. The room was absolutely lovely and so were the staff. The morning breakfast is to die for and there is much to choose from the menu. I would advise anyone who is going to cork and needs to stay in a nice affordable place minutes away from the city to visits Crawfords. We were left very satisfied. Well done guys .

Lucy and Omar

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ludmilla R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My partner and I spent 4 nights here from the 25th of march. It is a great little B&B with lovely rooms and an en-suite with coffee and tea making facilities as usual. Everything worked as it should i.e the telly, hair dryer and shower. However the bath appeared to be a jet one with vents/jets however these did not work so was just used as ordinary bath. We had breakfast there on first morning only, the breakfast was nice and you could eat quite a lot if you wanted for a relatively cheap price, I think 9 Euros each it cost. Not a bad location about 15-20 min walk from city center with so much to do in Cork.
Great value B&B would recommend to couples or friends going away for a few nights.

Room Tip: double room with en-suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was booked in to the Killarney House B&B next door, (for 2 nights) but when I got there I was given a room in Crawford owned by the same family. I got a warm welcome from Margaret who is very charming but a teeny bit dithery. I thought it was odd that I had to pay up front. I said I'd pay but not for 2 breakfasts as I didn't want to feel forced to have a huge breakfast 2 mornings in a row. I was absolutely delighted when i saw my room. Spotless, big, simply but tastefully decorated with tea and coffee, hair dryer and a nice bathroom.
The first night was uneventful. However the second night I was kept awake for ages by the energetic and endless amorous activities of the couple above. God Bless their energy! I'm sure they would be appalled at just how much I could hear.....everything! I wasn't annoyed at them .... Rather at the B&B for not noise proofing the rooms better.
Breakfast was really nice and the staff are lovely and helpful. I would stay again but I'd pick my room carefully. Top floor at the back.

Room Tip: Top floor at back of house
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fiona B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The guesthouse is really near the centre of Cork, 15 minutes walk. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.
Bathroom is a little bit worse than the room. It is very big but poor and the jacuzzi is a fake, it really doesn't work.
I didn't like Cork, but if you are there just for one night, it is a good accomodation to stay at.

• Stayed July 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nice but plain B&B in Cork. Good location, short walk from town (all the B&Bs are in this area). Good breakfast, only strange thing was on check-out they tried to charge us for the breakfast despite it clearly saying on the email that the rate included breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AwanaK
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed one night at the Crawford Guest House. We made a last minute reservation traveling through Cork and the reviews looked good and they had an open room so there it was. This room was very nice and spacious. It was also very clean.

The problem was nothing in the room worked. Not really a big deal except the heat part. That wall radiator, I turned it to every setting and nothing. I was cold so I jumped in the tub and the whirlpool function would not turn on. The bedside lamps didn't work so we only had an overhead light. There wasn’t any staff onsite to help with the heat which was weird.

When we checked out (next door) in the morning, we were charged for a breakfast we did not eat. So it took a little arguing to convince them to reverse the breakfast charge.

Room Tip: Have the neighbor show you the room and make sure the heat comes on.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Amanda S
Co. Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

You can't really go wrong with Crawford House. Its location is fantastic; Western Road across from UCC, maximum 15 minute walk to bars and restaurants around the city centre, huge free parking out the back (with a nice view of the Cork Cricket Club and Sunday's Well too) and quiet, clean and well-furnished rooms. It's a budget B&B without the budget feel; our room had a jacuzzi bath and enough room to swing several cats. It was so peaceful yet so central; we didn't stay in Cork for more than 19 hours in total and 6 of those were at a friend's 30th, but we'd have been happy to stay much longer!

Our room was €50 but we splashed out on €18 for two breakfasts. And was I glad we did - the selection and service were fantastic. As well as all the usual cereals and fruit, we had cold cuts, cheese, yoghurt and juices and extra things like cinnamon rolls, fruitcake and soda bread. On top of this mini-buffet, we also had table service for cooked breakfasts - including omelettes. My wife had an omelette cooked to order and I had a full Irish breakfast that was also freshly-made. We got a huge pot of tea, toast, more soda bread and by the end, we were all set for our journey home.

I have virtually no criticisms of the place. The shower head in our room was loose and we forgot to mention this to the landlady as we were leaving. The whole place appears to be run from the B&B next door, Killarney House, as both check-in and breakfast were there. And that's it; a great B&B with a gorgeous breakfast for a highly-competitive price. We'll definitely be back if we need a B&B in Cork - in fact it's probably preferable to a hotel in any case!

Room Tip: We were facing the car park to the rear and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple