Acton Lodge Bed & Breakfast
$189
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewswestern roadcity centreboiled eggscooked breakfastfifteen minute walkcomfortable stayseparate buildingyogurtwater pressurering roadsconeslight sleepergood sizebus stopfollowing morningdominicuna
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Spent 2 nights at The Acton Lodge 27th and 28th January 2014 with 6 other mates and we couldn't have asked for more! We were on a stag do from Leigh in Lancashire and If you want a good honest full breakfast with no fancy frills, large spacious rooms with comfy beds and hot running water at your disposal then this is your place. You will find it hard to find a better value B&B anywhere in the world!

Your hostess Una cannot do enough for you and no massive pressure on check out times. Very accommodating and welcomed us into her home as if it was our own. We were only travelling back late on Sunday evening however it was no trouble for all our luggage to be kept there until we returned from another great day in Cork City Centre late in the day.

Hope to be back again sometime in the future.

7 happy Leythers!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed two nights in this B&B.
The breakfast was a fine mix of cereal, a fry and for those not interested in the aforementioned, there was breads, yogurt and a fruit compote(at least I think that's what it's called...I'm a fry man myself!).
The house itself was spotless and well maintained. The proprietors are nice people that did not "push" themselves on me in any way. I was left to my own devices when there, and didn't feel I had to "sneak" in if the hour was late.
The overall price is a fraction higher than what you might expect to pay, but not so much as to be an issue. I mention it purely to let people know in advance.
I would stay there again if I found myself in the area.
Good people, good food and a comfortable bed! What more could you want!?

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here twice (once with my husband, again with my son), and the service, food and accommodations just can't be beat. Very friendly hosts, awesome food and nice ambience. On our second trip last summer, our changing plans were easily accommodated. The location is great - there's everything to like about this B&B. Can't wait to cross their doorstep again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our family of six were well accommodated at this lovingly restored home. Our first difficulty was actually finding the best route to approach the building. Once we figured out the street restrictions around the area we were finally able to get to the parking area provided in front of the house. Instructions on best approach would be helpful for future visitors.

We also experienced the distance from city center, and had to drive to find some place for dinner due to the weather. On a nice day it would be a great walk.

Once we arrived back at the hotel, our children were pleased to each have their own bed, rather than sharing with a sibling. The only problem we had was warmth, the rooms were very drafty, and with the gale-force winds Ireland was experiencing, the single radiant heaters could not warm the rooms sufficiently. WiFi at this location was excellent.

Breakfast was good, eggs made to order, with sausage, and back bacon, as well as dry cereals, fruit, and juices provided in buffet style.

A nice place to stay, the hosts were very accommodating.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the front of the house and subject to the winter winds, recommend an inner room to the house in the event of inclement or cold weather.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Una and Dominic were great...very personable and helpful with activities. Rooms were very spacious. Great breakfast whenever we were ready for it. Excellent value for the "big city". We were a group of 6 with a big van and they accommodated us/it very well.

Room Tip: Large quarters in the "back house" would be great for a larger group.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family