“Absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Fernroyd House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Fernroyd House B&B
Ranked #1 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was impressed by the reviews on TripAdvisor before visiting Fernroyd House, but my experience there has validated all of them... and then some! The owners, Avril and Tony, are two of the kindest and most helpful people you will ever meet. As the sign on their front door says, you'll enter as strangers and leave as friends.

My room was perfectly clean, well appointed, cozy, and made me feel like I could just relax after a long week of traveling. I timed my train a bit wrong and showed up a little before check-in, but Avril had my room all ready, greeted me with tea and cookies, and Tony jumped right in to tell me all about Cork and give me some tailored recommendations for my time there.

Breakfast each morning was absolutely great; nice selection of options, freshly prepared, and Avril and Tony were always nearby to check on me or just make friendly conversation. You can tell that they make a genuine effort to get to know everyone who stays with them.

Fernroyd House is also conveniently located right next to the University campus (which is a beautiful walk) and a leisurely ~15 minute walk to the center of town. If you're interested in going to nearby areas (Blarney Castle, Cobh, Kinsale) they'll make it a breeze by pointing you in the right direction and giving you all of the contacts and details you'll need to catch local transport or a tour if you choose.

In my short time, I grew to love Cork and can't wait to go back, but I must say that so much of my experience was informed by my stay at Fernroyd House. I've told my boyfriend that our honeymoon travels will have to include another stay at Fernroyd House. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ElizabethW1988

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Berlin
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is really one of the best places I have ever stayed in. We were welcomed very openly, warmly and friendly. Avril and Tony explained everything and gave advice what we could visit. These two are simply lovely people. Additionally, they have two very cute dogs and especially the one dog is very keen on being stroked. He often sits in front of the house and welcomes the visitors. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is really excellent. Everyday freshly baked scones are served. Then you can choose between different breakfasts, which you order. Everything we tried tasted absolutely delicious. I can only recommend this B&B while staying in Cork!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TerathopiusEcaudatus
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Procrastination at its finest. I should have written this months ago (forgive me Avril and Tony)! They are lovely people and the Fernroyd is equally lovely. They have a clear mission to make all of their guests feel at home which is what will make Cork memorable and stick out in my mind for years to come. The breakfast is delicious as well, and has a special sprinkle of ... well, loveliness. You get the theme here. Quaint, welcoming and comfortable. In a very accessible part of town as well. I set out on a mission to walk to Blarney -- while not too far (5-6 miles? lovely countryside) they ensured I was all good and knew where I was going. One day, would love to go back. THANK YOU Avril and Tony -- all the best to you and your family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Holly B
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2013

For our first stay in a b&b and our first trip to Ireland, we couldn't have chosen better. Tony and Avril truly live up to the high praise in these reviews. They run a very comfortable b&b and are so helpful and caring themselves, you feel like you're staying with family! And they are such a lovely family! They give so much of themselves, you wonder how they keep up. They go over and above anything you could expect without extra fees for so much extra service. We stayed with them off and on for most of our visit (Nov 13 - Nov 29, 2012). They made reservations for us, assisted in transportation, lent us needed items, and always had a room ready when we returned. From the mornings start of a delicious, filling breakfast to the wonderful nights sleep in very comfortable beds, I can't imagine a better place to stay. If we are every lucky enough to return to beautiful Ireland, a reservation with Tony and Avril will be the first thing we make!

Room Tip: We stayed in several different rooms and found them all to be equally quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DebbyPark13
dublin
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a lovely stay here. Our hosts were extremely friendly and helpful, room was really comfortable with a great choice for breakfast too. Highly recommend Fernroyd House if you're planning a visit to Cork!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank sineadcatherine
Vienna
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can only second what basically everyone said about this place. So welcoming and friendly, comfortable, clean, the best breakfast we've had in Ireland. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, recommend places, booked us tables, and were generally just lovely people. It is close to the city, close to the beautiful campus of University College Cork, there is parking available, the rooms are so comfortable, lovely and big... I could go on and on but basically, if you are looking for a place to stay in Cork, look no further, this is the best B&B I've ever been to. And of top of it all, they have the most adorable little doggy. I would come back any time, positively can't wait!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank L0upin
Beausoleil, France
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Wonderful welcoming from Avril & Tony !
Quiet and lovely room, one the best breakfast we had in Ireland !
5/10 minutes walking from the city centre, ask Tony he will recommend lots of very nice places !
If you need a warm and friendly place to stay in Cork, DON'T HESITATE !
Jose & Vanessa