“Excellent service,very clean & comfortable,great value!”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Booked a trip with my mum and sister for 2 nights B&B, 1 Dinner & E50 spa treatment. The hotel looks brand new, rooms and common areas are all spotless and modern with all the extras in the rooms (tv, kettle, iron, minibar, shampoo etc etc).
Breakfast is lovely, so many choices from cereals, meats, cheeses, full Irish, anything you want really. Dinner was also great with a good choice on the set menu and a good wine list. Service in all areas was perfect. Bar was very busy and lively both nights we were there. There is a pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and the spa. Definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning again. Good base for visiting towns closeby although we didn't find a huge amount to do in Cork city in such a short time.

• Stayed: October 2010
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Dear nsteldub,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for staying with us at the River Lee Hotel. I was delighted to read that you thought so highly of the service, food and Hotel facilities. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed October 20, 2010

The River Lee Hotel is beautifully designed with an impressive entrance area, lovely airy lounge areas and really good rooms with everything you could want for a comfortable stay.
The dining room is beautiful and the food and service are first class. The presentation and quality of food is excellent. Service is prompt and efficient and we were asked several times if everything was ok. The staff are great.
The leisure complex and spa treatments are worth checking out too.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Dear Teach41,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and indeed for staying with us at the River Lee Hotel. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you thought of the staff, hotel service and our hotel. I have passed all your positive comments on to my staff and management team.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at a few hotels 4star + & this meet & exceeded our expectations.

We arrived late at night 11pm & the night desk & concierge organised our bags to the room straight away & car parking requirements. 10 minutes & we were relaxing in our room that was air conditioned perfectly to the cool evening temps.

We booked a delux room king size with breakfast & was not disappoinrted. The room was spacious & amenties enough to meet convience & the view of the river a nice touch.

Service was fantastic pre arrival & a big thank you to Assumpta McCarthy for meeting our needs via email to us half way across the world in new zealand & providing alot of information before we arrived.

This had to be the best stay in our month journey & wish we had planned more time at The River Lee

Thak you for the experience
Look forward to our return

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Dear JJnzNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read that we enjoyed your time with us and thought so highly of our level of service and staff members

I hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Have stayed here on 3 different occasions and intend heading back again very soon. A gorgeous hotel, pure luxury. Rooms beautiful, bar buzzn with athmosphere and food at restaurant divine!! Could not say enough good about this place, boardering between 4 and 5 star......

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear dubs4Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us at the River Lee Hotel. I was delighted to read your positive feedback on our hotel and food. I will be sure pass all your kind comments on to my team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to the Hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights and must say that this was an excellent hotel.
Bed amazing, breakfast first class and staff very helpful and pleasant

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear jimbuoy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review and indeed for staying with us at the River Lee Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Breakfast and thought so highly of our staff your positive comments are very much appreciated.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to our Hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Out of the 4 hotels we stayed in this was by far the nicest. They obviously spent alot of money of the renovations. Beautiful view and excellent location. My only issue was the noise in the morning. At 7 am the maids started cleaning, this wouldn't be a problem except the repeated and incredibly loud banging. It got so bad I got out of bed and stood in the hallway trying to figure out what was going on. My room was surrounded by housekeeping carts. They use a stick to prop open the doors. Every time a cart is moved the stick hits the walls and doors. I went back to bed after they saw me and I had asked what was wrong why there was so much banging going on. They made an effort to be a bit quieter.

It kept up for almost another 2 hours. I got up again and went outside. That's when I realized we were next to the supply room and that it was one maid who was the worst offender. It was the same one I had seen before and saw her stick hit the door across the hall from me 5x in 2 minutes. This time she was 2 doors down and I could still hear her banging around. I shudder to think how loud it was for those whose rooms she was banging her cart against. She completely ruined our plans for some much needed sleep.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Dear SassytravelerDC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us at the River lee Hotel. I was delighted to read that you thought so mush of the Hotel renovations and location. I was very disappointed to read the comments about the room location and noise and would like to assure you that I have passed all your comments onto the Housekeeping Manager for further investigation.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River lee Hotel.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed here for week-end with two sisters. Had lovely time except for having to ask at reception for someone to clean what was obviously blood on back of bathroom door, how housekeeping did not see this is beyond thinking.
We also had problems getting robes to go to the Spa, we had three treatments booked for the Sat eve and for a four star hotel I would think that robes in the rooms would be a must! We asked at reception again to be told ask at the Spa and the Spa said ask at reception???? Do these departments have any communication with each other at all, leaving it all up to the guest. Having said that would highly recommend hot stones massage,fab.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2010

Dear Irelandnene,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. I would like to assure you that we take all customer feedback on board as this can only assist us in improving our guest services. In relation to the bathrobes please be advised that they are only given out in the Spa for packages that include more than one treatment I do apologise for any confusion this may have caused you during your stay. I have passed on all your feedback to our Front Office Manager who will in turn speak with her team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel so you yourself can
experience the positive results of your Feedback.