4,151 results
All reviews the executive lounge weir bar great hotel city centre modern hotel fifth floor english market top class bar and restaurant would highly recommend this hotel car park breakfast was excellent enjoyable stay yogurt scones ireland gym
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019

This hotel is located at a centre place very close to University of Cork on one side and city centre on the other side. I suppose the hotel went on a renovation about few months back and certainly it is looking much better. I have stayed in this hotel over couple of times and mostly on a Business travel. Large televisions with more channels is something that I saw recently which is of good upgrade I would say. Rooms are very good with good insulation and beds are very comfortable. Complimentary still and sparkling water is something that you could see in this hotel unlike other hotels where they offer only still water. Quality of food is good but luxe level of lighting could be improved as it becomes little hard to read menus especially late evenings. The staffs at the main reception as well as in restaurant are courteous and very helpful. During my stay in this hotel sometime last year, I forgot to carry my wallet and watch to work as I kept on the room desk and left in a hurry. Should commend the staffs that none of them didn't touch those two things and it was in the same place as I kept in the morning when I left for work. However, the hotel still recommends to keep all valuables in a safety locker they have provided in all rooms. Have stayed for 18 nights in this hotel for the past 1 year and should say that it is one of the best hotels that you would see in Cork.
The other thing that I like about this hotel is the location which is close to the city centre. One can experience varieties of restaurants within 2 kms radius and shopping centres. Merchants Quay, Pope's quay are just 15 mins walk from this hotel.
Overall, I had spent good time in this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear arvindh n,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The River Lee, and for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Cork.

I am particularly delighted to hear that our staff left such a fantastic impression on you, it is a pleasure to know that our teams efforts are appreciated, and I am sure that they will be thrilled to know that they helped to make your stay so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

The hotel is perfect, the room are lovely clean, the bed in comfortable. I was expecting a proper hotel pool and jacuzzi but it wasn't all saturday afternoon 2pm till late kids swimming classes so very loud and busy.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Freedom38385609973,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you on your most recent trip to Cork and The River Lee. We are so happy you had a wonderful stay in our hotel.

However, we are sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations when it came to the leisure centre. Rest assured that we will immediately review and address the shortcomings with the necessary corrective action to ensure we deliver a much improved experience to our guests in the future.

We appreciate your constructive feedback and sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better on your next visit to town.

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and I cannot recommendation it enough. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were lovely and spacious, beds really comfy! And for once the hotel rooms were the perfect temp! The breakfast was lovely, lots to choose from. The bar and bar food were also great. Lovely location close to town and also has a lovely gym and pool.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Dear WexFoodie82,

We thank you for providing this wonderful feedback following your visit to The River Lee. The entire team are truly heartened by your glowing review as we continue striving for service excellence.

We are most grateful for your recommendation and be absolutely assured that there will always be a warm welcome waiting for you here at The River Lee.

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time, brought my 2 granddaughters to Cork for the weekend, stayed in the River Lee hotel. Great room, great food, great staff. Will come back. Enjoyed the hotel. short distance from City Centre.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear denisehanway2019

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic experience at The River Lee with others, we greatly appreciate you choosing us. It was our absolute pleasure to have you with us as our guest and your kind words mean the world. I hope we will always be your number one choice when in town and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

First time to stay at the exceptional hotel. what makes it special are the staff each and every one of them. the ambiance of the bar and the quality of service makes the occasion of meeting and spending time with friends so enjoyable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Dear mauriceh687,