“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
chester,
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

just returned from a stay at the River Lee.. a gem of a hotel. service was second to none,, rooms immaculate, location perfect, would highly recommend this place for both business and pleasure.
The breakfast was perfection

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear tat16,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a fantastic location here in the city only a 10 minute walk into the heart of Cork City centre where you will find amazing shops, bars and restaurants. We are also within walking distance of some of Cork's premier attractions such as Cork City Gaol, St Finbarr's Cathedral and of course the wonderful English Market.

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Ruairi O'Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Lovely hotel. Weather wet and windy can imagine lovely in spring/summer as its on the river. As in other reviews the staff were really nice and helpful including the main booking centre who assisted me with room change e-mails responded to quickly and politely by Didi. Close to to town centre and cathedral. Spa was really nice as was the whole experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river ours had large floor to ceiling window nice views over town.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear YMc221345,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely comments of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel are our best asset. We have such a wonderful and friendly team that will do their utmost to ensure that each guest has a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. I have passed on all of your comments to them and they were thrilled to receive them!

Kindest Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Really nice hotel. Clean, modern with helpful and efficient staff. But...no sheets on the bed just a light duvet. Had an empty duvet cover put on top of the duvet on my second night which made no sense. The room got cold at night and no extra blankets were in the press. Another problem I had was the air conditioner unit in my room sounded like an open fridge all night. I mentioned it to the night manager on my first night and was told maintenance would fix it, but had the same noisy problem for my second night. I was offered a different room on the first night (at about 1am. But after a long drive and upcoming early morning meetings I couldn't face moving everything and took their word that it'd be fixed for the next night.

Really nice hotel, but not to sleep in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NaFianna
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear NaFianna,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts of you recent stay with us.
I am glad to read you felt the hotel was really clean and modern however I am very disappointed to read you did not sleep well! We pride ourselves on ensuring that guests have a luxurious and relaxing case however I am saddened to read this was not the case for your stay. I would be very grateful if you could contact me to discuss your stay in further detail at ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection.com

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The best service of any hotel I've experienced in a long time - every single employee we encountered could not have been more helpful or obliging. Good choice of breakfasts, good bar, comfortable bed and convenient parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Seamus2910,

Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read you had a great stay with us. I am thrilled to see it was one of the best experience you have had in while within a hotel. Our team here at the hotel are one of our best assets. We strive to ensure that each guest has a memorable and enjoyable stay with us and I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us.

I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

limerick
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Escape spa at the River Lee hotel is an experience I shall never forget ! after working on a painting project in the city I was advised to go in for a massage & " relax the tension " the mangeress Sharon took the treatment & within minutes I was totaly at ease.I really can,t say enough for the lovely surroundings & the whole experience of the treatments I received.The next time I am in the Cork region I will absolutley be visiting the Escape Spa again,good work ladies keep it up

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank eamonLimerick
Dear eamonnLimerick,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you had a fabulous time. Escape Spa is a wonderful part of the hotel. Sharon and her team have a wonderful array of treatments available for guests to choose from which will undoubtedly leave guests feeling relaxed and pampered at the end of their treatments. I have passed on your comments to them and they were thrilled to receive them!

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the River Lee Sat 25th Jan '14 and cannot speak highly enough about this hotel. Its in a great location, Has easy access to hotel car park, friendly staff, excellent food and a breakfast with such a variety. I have stayed here a few times and will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank lucky1166
Dear lucky1166,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely thoughts of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to read you had a great stay with us. We have a wonderful location here in the city only a 10 minute walk into the heart of the city where you will find some amazing shops, bars & restaurants. We are also within walking distance of some of Cork's wonderful attractions such as Cork City Gaol, St Finbarr's Cathedral and Crawford Art Gallery.

Dublin
Reviewed January 26, 2014

There is nothing I could fault about this hotel which is unusual for someone who stays in hotels all the time and gets used to finding issues. From the moment we arrived everything was seamless and the staff were more than willing to accommodate any extra requests. It's ideally situated so is only a short walk to the city centre.I'd highly recommend this for a weekend away.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Cora F,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely thoughts of your recent stay at the hotel recently. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our utmost to ensure that all of our guests requests are granted. It is very important to us that guests have a great stay with us!