“Excellent”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel many times and have never been disappointed with cleanliness, food, friendliness of staff and it's only a ten min walk from city centre. We book a family room and it is very spacious. There is free internet access tv with various channels to entertain us as a family. Anytime we come to Cork we always book the River Lee Hotel and we will defiantly come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear antomgt,

Welcome back and Thank You!
We are delighted you have enjoyed another stay here at The River Lee Hotel. Our return guests are the proof of our quality and high standards and we are delighted to be able to say we have many valued and loyal guests.
Hope to see you back here again real soon

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights at this place to attend a conference. Our room was located on the 5th floor. The room was very spacious, equipped with a large and very comfortable bed, as desk, chair and sidetable. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The room was equipped with a coffeemaker ironing board mini fridge. Breakfast in the restaurant offered a wide choice of juices, hot and cold foods including the obligatory full English breakfast. Coffee was served as normal or cappuccino, or you could order your breakfast tea. The expression spoiled for choice definitely applies here. All in all a very positive experience. The hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank bpo-spam

Dear bpo-spam,

Thank so much for your lovely review. We couldn't have said it better ourselves - you have managed to capture in a few lines what we have to offer- Executive floor, great location, friendly staff and modern comfortable bedrooms.
Its always a pleasure for us to read the wonderful comments regarding our breakfast and I'm glad you enjoyed a fantastic start to your day.
Again thank you for your kind feedback and I hope to welcome you back here again soon

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just back from a one night stay in the River Lee hotel. We were delighted to get an early check in so dropped up the bags before heading off for a stroll to the city centre. The location is fantastic as it takes seven or eight minutes to get to Patrick Street. Agree with all the other reviewers as the rooms are very comfortable with great beds. We had a great view overlooking the river. Our experience was soured that night however when the guests next door turned up the volume on their TV as we were preparing for bed. We managed to fall asleep but at 2.30am the noise again woke us. Increasingly frustrated we contacted reception who dealt with the matter promptly. The breakfast was fantastic in the morning which helped to make up for the troubled sleep and it was just unfortunate that our inconsiderate neighbours left us with us mixed views of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Schmax2007,

Thank you! our guests often comment on the friendly welcoming feeling on arrival and indeed throughout the hotel and in the main, we have our staff to thank for this, along with our warm inviting décor in the bedrooms and public areas.
I am sorry to hear you experienced noise issues with your neighbours but I am pleased to hear that our staff were on hand to resolve the issue quickly.
Again thank you for your kind words and I do hope to welcome you back here again in the very near future.
kind regards

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Saturday the 19th of October and i have to say it was the most pleasant stay i have ever had in my entire life. When we arrived we where told that we could be upgraded to an executive suite on the fifth floor and we where absolutely ecstatic about this! When we went up to the room we could not believe our eyes it was absolutely beautiful overly large with beautiful decor && there was everything you could need in one room :) We also had complimentary access to the executive lounge, which is a beautiful room to relax and unwind in it has complimentary fruit juice and bottles of water and cakes and fruit in the room with a coffee machine if you want the usual lattes, ho t chocolate etc. The room has an absolutely beautiful view over the river and at night time the view is absolutely breathtaking ! We decided to dine in the bar that night and the service was beyond impeccable ever single person that served us was friendly && efficient! The food was completely scrumptious !! We relaxed away for the night in the hotel && i must say i had an absolutely wonderful sleep the bed was massive && beyond comfortable :) When morning came we had breakfast delivered to the room and the man who delivered it was once again polite and efficient. The breakfast was most definitely the best hotel breakfast i ever had it was divine !! We where definitely very sad to leave that morning after such a wonderful stay and we will 100% be staying again in January for my birthday !! All in all the stay was the best i have ever had and the staff really made it wonderful .. i cant sing there praises enough they really out do themselves ! I wont consider staying anywhere else but here when i am in Cork !!

Room Tip: Rooms to the front have the best view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sayyyyyy,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, you really have covered all the bases! We are delighted you enjoyed your upgrade on check in. I truly appreciate your recommendation's and that you are looking forward to returning to us again if you find yourself in Cork City again.
Again thank you again for your wonderful review and I really am looking forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back here again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just back from my second stay in The River Lee hotel and I can't sing it's praises enough. Great rooms, excellent food especially the breakfast, and friendly welcoming staff throughout.This was Jazz Festival weekend and regardless of how busy it was , everything was still excellent.
I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Cork. Well done to all concerned.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Derek 148,

Thank you again for your wonderful review- it really is fantastic to see our guests coming back again. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that you had the opportunity to experience the Jazz Festival.
I do hope to see you back here again in the not too distant future
kind regards

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff is what is truly so amazing...of course the hotel is gorgeous and modern and IMMACULATE...but the staff is truly the most lovely team I have ever come across. My husband and I were on our honeymoon and I cam down with the worst flu. I had to go to a doctor and the staff sent me across the street to Dr. Con who turned out to be brilliant. I was so sad about missing out on our days in Cork, but the ladies told me that if we were leaving cork to keep traveling we had to go to Inchydonney Island and told us of a resort to stay in... so we booked it and they staff must have called ahead for us because the Inchydonney resort already upgraded us to the honeymoon suite... I will love Cork with all of my heart because of the fantastic team at this hotel...and god willing one day my husband and I will go back and enjoy the city itself!

Room Tip: All are great...staying on the business floor entitles you to use the complimentary "library&qu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kellygevents
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear kellygevents,
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am thrilled to see you had such a fabulous stay with us. Our staff are our best asset in the hotel. We have a fantastic team that go out of their way to ensure that all of our guest shave a memorable and luxurious stay with us. When you are away from home in a foreign place and find yourself ill, there us nothing worse than not knowing where to get help but our team is more than willing to help immediately to ensure you can be seen to and get back to enjoying your holiday as quick as possible and experience all Ireland has to offer!
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!
Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 26, 2013

stayed here in August 2013 had a really nice time, hotel is amazing, very high standard 4 star, staff were really friendly and helpful, breakfast was probably the best breakfast I've had in a hotel before, it had a really good selection. location was really good 5 min walk to city centre. Gym and pool were excellent. We had dinner in the restaurant and that was also amazing, would highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ab56c

Dear ab56c,
Many thanks for taking the time to share such a lovely review of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to see you had such a lovely stay with us. I am thrilled you felt we are a very high standard 4* hotel. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have come up with an amazing array of dishes on our Weir Bistro Menu and also the Weir Bar Menu. All of our ingredients and locally sourced and freshly delivered on a daily basis to ensure all of our dishes are full of wonderful flavours & textures.
Kindest Regards