“Great place in the city”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here with some of my friends on the night of my hen party. The location is brilliant, the staff were great and the hotel was lovely. We didn't eat dinner here but the breakfast the next morning was great. Exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ker_schnum
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Ker_schnum,
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to read our team were able to ensure your special occasion was a great success. Our team here at the hotel are very Proud of the service we provide to our guests. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork.
I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in! I loved everything about it except the pool. The restaurant, the Bistro...the food and service were top notch. Everything was so light and airy and clean. As it was boiling hot the weekend I was there, I was particularly grateful that it was also air-conditioned. The view from the window overlooking the Lee River was amazing. I look forward to returning again. As for the pool, they have so many people from outside the hotel using the pool area that it was anything but relaxing. It was too crowded and deafeningly noisy. That, and you were expected to pay 3 Euros to purchase a swimming cap. I haven't worn a swimming cap in 40 years, and I have no intention of wearing one again. This was the only shoddy bit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Deborah D,
Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely comments on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Accommodation Team are very meticulous when it comes to the cleaning and comfort of the rooms and ensure they are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards. All of our rooms have panoramic views of different areas of the city such as the hills of the North Side, UCC Gates and also St. Finbarr's Cathedral which is amazing in the evenings all lit up.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again, so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed at the River Lee 26-29 July. Overall experience was excellent - food in both Weir Bar and Bistro outstanding. Service, generally, excellent. 2 problems - one major, one minor. On Saturday, we were out all day, returning to room at 6. Room was as we left it - bed unmade, bathroom not cleaned. Had to contact reception, who sent 2 young ladies to sort out (rather grudgingly!). Took all of 5 minutes over cleaning process. Minor gripe is with crazy lift system whereby room key is needed to operate - my wife and I spent a happy 5 minutes going between floor 5 and ground, without any hope of exiting on 2nd floor where our room was! Would stay again but hope for no repeat of room problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian951,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised amazing menu's in both the Weir Bar and Weir Bistro using all local and freshly sourced ingredients. They help to ensure only the finest dishes are served to our guests with mouth watering flavours and textures.
I am disappointed to read of your issues you experienced during your stay. I have taken them back to our team and discussed them with everyone to ensure they do not occur again. Should you wish to discuss them further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at r_oconnor@doylecollection.com

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed 10 nights at the River Lee Hotel in July, 2013. We had a room on the 4th floor facing the river(?). Good beds, room service excellent and the British breakfast buffet gave you a good start on the day. Short walk to the main downtown area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 98629Mark

Dear 98629Mark,
I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Breakfast is one of the best in Cork City. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised an amazing array of wonderful culinary delights that are sure to help every guest get their day off to a great start. Our buffet consists of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, selection of juices and of course the wonderful hot buffet. Our friendly chefs are also on hand to make any other requests such as pancakes or perhaps an omelette!
We are a mere 7 minute walk into the heart of Cork City Centre where you will find great shops, restaurants & bars. We are also within walking distance of many wonderful attractions Cork has to offer such as The Crawford Art Gallery, St. Finbarr's Cathedral and Cork Old City Gaol to name but a few. We are also within easy access to Blarney Castle, Kinsale & Cobh.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We only stayed one night, but it was a great night. Spacious comfortable room, terrific bathroom and a delicious buffet breakfast. Garage car park was free for hotel guests. Easy walk to the city center. A lively bar with the best Irish coffee. Clean, upscale hotel, would definitely return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roslynpines

Dear Roslynpines,
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our Accommodation Team are very meticulous when it comes to the cleaning and comfort of the rooms and ensure they are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards. All of our rooms have panoramic views of different areas of the city such as the hills of the North Side, UCC Gates and also St. Finbarr's Cathedral which is amazing in the evenings all lit up.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a breath of fresh air. Great service from start to finish. Accommodations were fantastic... Roomy, new and clean. Great view of the city. The restaurant was very nice. Staff was wonderful. Breakfast Buffett was world-class. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear mgeorgejr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am happy to see you enjoyed the amenities here at the hotel particularly our staff, rooms and restaurant. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork.

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel Cork in the not too distant future.

We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again, so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very professional staff, spotless hotel. Bar prices normal. Lovely pool. Overall very good value for money. Quick check in and rooms to the front if hotel have great view of the river. Will def return. Good area

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Mannico,

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. It is our main aim to ensure that all guests have a relaxing stay and as every guest is unique, we try to create individual moments of warmth and acknowledgement.