“The best of the best!!!”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“The best of the best!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here with my fiancé for two nights, package includes b&b and an evening meal. Wish we had extended out stay for an extra night! Upon check in we were upgraded to an executive room, from the moment we entered the hotel the staff could not do enough to make our stay more pleasant. Our room was immaculate, everything was top class even the towels and robes were soft, like new, which I find is one thing that is hard to come across in a hotel obviously to be expected though as they have to be washes so often. But this hotel skimps on nothing. Food was lovely, breakfast was amazing, the only thing I could say is the cocktail list could be slightly extended... By investing in a blender to make daiquiris!! But that is just trivial. I honestly don't think I could fault this hotel even if I really tried. All in all we had a lovely stay for our anniversary and we will be retuenig again as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Sin29,

Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments in regards to your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel.
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to see you had the opportunity to avail of one of our Executive Rooms- where you experienced our rooms with a Kingsize Bed, Bathrobes, Slippers and Nespresso Machine in all rooms. Guests also have complimentary access to the Executive Lounge where you can have tea, coffee, selection of juices, water and a variety of pastries served throughout the day. All of our rooms here in the hotel have floor to ceiling windows with panoramic views of different areas of the city.

We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again, so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

Ruairi O'Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Really enjoyed my couple of nights at the River Lee. Its a classy Hotel, modern and built with style and quality. Rooms are excellent and large with great bed linens. Lovely bar too.

I'd definitely stay here again in Cork. Thought it was slightly too far out of town, but still an excellent place to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bax52
Dear Bax52,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel Cork in the not too distant future.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed the amenities here at the hotel. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork.

Ruairi O'Connor
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to The River Lee Hotel Cork.
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Fantastic hotel, check-in was a breeze, very pleasantly surprised by hot cloths which were provided. Really comfortable bed and pillows, best sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Would love to know what type of pillows were in the rooms, they were very special. Service was amazing with very friendly staff. There was such a wonderful choice of breakfast, including coffee of every type. Wait staff couldnt do enough for us. Pool was pleasant however my only crib during my stay was that there were no specific childrens hours which makes it difficult to have a swim, this is a very minor thing though. I was also pleasantly taken aback during check out when bottles of ballygowan water were provided, very nice touch I felt. I can say with certainty that I will return to this hotel and it was a most enjoyable experience. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dazman777
Dear Dazman777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to see you enjoyed some of our key touches such has hot towel on arrival to freshen your hands and a lovely bottle of water to take with you on your journey home. Our Breakfast is one of the best in Cork City. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised an amazing array of wonderful culinary delights that are sure to help every guest get their day off to a great start. Our buffet consists of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, a selection of juices and of course the wonderful hot buffet.

cork
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've just arrived back from the Fota Package at the River Lee and it was just wonderful,I requested a room for us(2 adults and 2 children) with a river view and that we got,big window overlooking the river and city,just wow.The service was super super attentive and the set dinner and brekkie the following morning was really really wonderful,fresh honeycomb !! and organic porridge,omelettes and french toast to order,yummy.After dinner the lovely waitress Yolanda brought my son out to feed the swans but they eluded them unfortunately,the thought definitely counts though.We had a great time in the lovely pool after breakfast and the pool attendant/gym guy was really nice explaining the facilities etc etc I would highly recommend this hotel it's comfortable,it's cool,the food is great and fairly priced but the staff are amazing,they are a credit to the hotel and I hope they appreciate them.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank coleendelux
Dear Coleendelux,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Breakfast is one of the best in Cork City. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised an amazing array of wonderful culinary delights that are sure to help every guest get their day off to a great start.

I have passed on your wonderful comments regarding Yolanda- she really is a fantastic asset to our team.I am happy to see you enjoyed the amenities here at the hotel and found our team to be very friendly. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent a wonderful night at the River Lee Hotel. The staff was very welcoming, meals were great, the room was magnificent, and the fitness center was top notch. We stayed on the executive level, that offered a gorgeous view of the city. After a long 24+ hours of travel from the states, the executive lounge was a great way to perk up with water and tasty snacks. Our next trip will absolutely be back to Cork, and the River Lee Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AKrescue
Dear AKrescue,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to see you had the opportunity to avail of one of our Executive Rooms. There rooms are indeed amazing with a Kingsize Bed, Bathrobes, Slippers and Nespresso Machine in all rooms. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff-our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. It is our main aim to ensure that all guests have a relaxing stay and as every guest is unique, we try to create individual moments of warmth and acknowledgement

London, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I stayed here for 2 nights and loved the location and The excellent service! Deidre was so helpful at the front desk and gave us lots of helpful advice about what to do in Cork. The patio by the river was exquisite and the food was awesome! We had one issue with a running toilet that was repaired instantly. Thanks so much for a great holiday!
Diane, Kate, Sarah

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane S
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Diane S,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork. I have passed on your lovely comments to Deirdre- she is a wonderful assist to our Front Desk Team.

I am please you enjoyed our culinary delights from the Weir Bar and you took full advantage our wonderful patio over looking the river.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having traveled around for 8 weeks in a variety of accommodation we are happy to recommend this hotel as the best we stayed in. Certainly, the facilities are excellent - clean, spacious, good food, good facilities, free car park, quality wifi - but then so are they in a lot of other hotels (except for the car park and wifi in too many cases). The difference is that the people who work in this hotel actually do make you feel welcome. Whether it is the charming check-in staff, the very friendly room service people or the very attentive and engaging folks that work in the bar and restaurant, they all make you feel like they're happy to have you in their hotel. It must be a Doyle Collection "thing" - the good folks at the Croke Park Hotel weren't far behind them. To top it all off, all this was achieved at an extremely reasonable cost! Our favourite. We can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John G
Dear John G,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. It is our main aim to ensure that all guests have a relaxing stay and as every guest is unique, we try to create individual moments of warmth and acknowledgement.