“Great hotel”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We have had a great stay at The River Lee Hotel. Friendly staff in all positions. Helena at the front desk was especially helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. Cork provides easy access to Blarney Castle.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Bluebonnethorn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay whilst visiting Cork. I have passed on your comments to all of our team and they were thrilled to receive them, especially Helena.
We are a mere 7 minute walk into the heart of Cork City Centre where you will find great shops, restaurants & bars. We are also within walking distance of many wonderful attractions Cork has to offer such as The Crawford Art Gallery, St. Finbarr's Cathedral and Cork Old City Gaol to name but a few. We are also within easy access to Blarney Castle, Kinsale & Cobh.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again. so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel.

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked 1 night stay here for the National concert @ the Marquee.
They had a Marquee deal - B&B, taxi transfer, sharing platter and 2 drinks for €169.
It was a great stay.
The only downside for me was that the hotel was very warm - but the air-con in the room worked really well, and you can sit outside on the terrace for a drink.
Other than that, everything was very good - check-in & out was efficient, room was a decent size, clean and had a separate shower from the bath which you rarely see.
The hotel is only about 10 minutes walk to the city centre, and they have complimentary parking.
The included platter turned out to be very impressive, freshly cooked - fish cakes, duck spring roll, prawn & crab open sandwich and a tasty toasted ham & cheese morsel. (I expected some cocktail sausages and chicken wings or cold ham and cheese so was pleasantly surprised)
The highlight of the stay was breakfast in the morning - an excellent spread, probably the best breakfast of any hotel stay - fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, porridge, cereals, pastries, scones, jam, seeds, dried fruit, smoked salmon, cheeses and a full spread of fried breakfast. Even the pot of coffee was good!
And then complimentary bottles of cold water as we were checking out.
We really couldn't fault the place and the extra touches make all the difference. We would certainly return if we were staying in Cork again, and would recommend to others.

Dear Outandabout,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am thrilled to see you had the opportunity to avail of one of our many packages that we offer in the hotel such as The Marquee & Me package. The sharing board has a wonderful selection on it and is quite tasty for guests to enjoy. I also see that you liked some of our key features such as the warm towel on arrival to freshen your hands and the complimentary bottle of water on departure to keep our guests hydrated on their onward journey.
Our Breakfast is one of the best in Cork City. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised an amazing array of wonderful culinary delights that are sure to help every guest get their day off to a great start. Our buffet consists of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, selection of juices and of course the wonderful hot buffet. Our friendly chefs are also on hand to make any other requests such as pancakes or perhaps an omelette!
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel Cork in the not too distant future.
We love to hear from guests when they are due to stay with us again, so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just spent the weekend in the hotel a 50th birthday present from my sons. From the moment we entered the carpark to the time we left our every need was catered for. The check in was quick and hassle free and the staff were very friendly which could be said for every member of staff we encountered the whole weekend.We had one small problem in that the hair dryer in the room wasn't working and instead of sending up a new one the actually upgraded us to a better room.The hotel is only a short walk from the city centre and is ideal for a relaxing weekend with free use of the gym and swimming pool.Iwould have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Margaret M,
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a mere 7 minute walk into the heart of Cork City Centre where you will find great shops, restaurants & bars. We are also within walking distance of many wonderful attractions Cork has to offer such as The Crawford Art Gallery, St. Finbarr's Cathedral and Cork Old City Gaol to name but a few.
I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Why not keep in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent a lovely night in the River Lee hotel. The service was very good and my husband and I were delighted to be given a free upgrade to the executive floor. Wit access to the executive lounge we were well watered and fed.

2  Thank MARION H

Dear Marion H,
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to see you had the opportunity to avail of one of our Executive Rooms. There rooms are amazing with a Kingsize Bed, Bathrobes, Slippers and Nespresso Machine in all rooms. Guests also have complimentary access to the Executive Lounge where you can have tea, coffee, selection of juices, water and a variety of pastries served throughout the day. All of our rooms here in the hotel have floor to ceiling windows with panoramic views of different areas of the city.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

we spent a couple of days here and really enjoyed it the staff were polite and friendly,food was excellent.we also went to fota wildlife as part of our deal and had a great time i would have no problem recommending this hotel and plan to return at sometime in the near future

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank riksav

Dear Riksav,
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read you were able to avail of one of our amazing package deals such as the Fota Package which includes 1 or 2 nights bed and full Irish breakfast with dinner on 1 evening and entry into Fota Wildlife Park.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My partner and I have stayed here twice in 2 months and had the best time ever at the hotel the rooms are amazing the staff so helpful location brilliant food outstanding I have recommended it so many times to friends since we stayed there in April and may! My partner and I have definitely found our hotel of choice for when we visit cork again

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jade_d88

Dear Jade_d88,

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Staff is probably best value, either reception, security and restaurant. Evening menu and breakfast were a-ma-zing!! It is definetely one of the best hotels in Cork I've stayed, highly recommended to any visitor! Gym/spa facilities are a superb complement for visitors

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ra C

Dear racercor,
I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very Proud of the service we provide to guests. It is our main aim to ensure that all guests have a relaxing stay and as every guest is unique, we try to create individual moments of warmth and acknowledgement.
Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have put together amazing menus with outstanding dishes being served to all our guests to enjoy. All of our food is sourced from the freshest and local producers. We have an amazing array of dishes available with mouth watering flavours such as Poached Fillet of Monkfish with a Dill Polenta Cake, Pickled Carrot & Pink Peppercorn Vinaigrette, Courgette & Sweet Potato Crisp.