“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Banbridge, Ireland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Simply...the best Irish hotel I have stayed at. Central location, easy parking, great bar and good food. OK, the lift broke one evening, but it was fixed by the next morning. The warm towel you get on checking in was a nice touch and welcome after a long drive.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express such lovely comments about your stay in The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed some of our key touches that we offer to guests such as the hot towel on arrival and complimentary water to take away with you on your journey home.
I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel.
Ruairi O'Connor.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Stay here on business a lot. However, I was shocked to see one of the guests here was given a free upgrade on one of her visits! I stay regularly and never receive this! Wonder why or is this guest just spoofing? Management, can you explain, please?

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.
You are witness to one of our guests enjoying a complimentary upgrade which was offered through the Doyle Collection website book direct lottery. When a guest books directly through our Doyle Collection website, you are automatically entered into a daily draw where you can receive complimentary upgrades and daily prizes. I can be of any further assistance to you on this, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on r_oconnor@doylecollection.com
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Ruairi O'Connor.
Bournemouth
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the River Lee twice on business in the last couple of weeks and both occasions the stay has been excellent. Very comfortable room, nice to have a separate big shower, and the breakfast is excellent.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your views of The River Lee Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us while you were visiting Cork.
I was delighted to read your wonderful comments on our breakfast. We here at the hotel pride ourselves on setting all our guests up for a wonderful day with a full breakfast. There is such an amazing range available from fresh fruit, pastries, smoothies, fresh fish and of course the wonderful hot buffet.
We love to hear when guests are coming to visit us again so why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions.
County Clare, Ireland
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Last Sat night I got a good deal on a one night b&b + 50 euro spa voucher for the River Lee Hotel and I was nicely surprised how good a hotel it was, new, modern, well equipped, spacious rooms with nice decor. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Will be back.

Room Tip: go for the room with view of the river. all beds very comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anita19624
Dear Anita,
I was delighted to read such great comments about your recent stay here at The River Lee Hotel Cork. We are always so very grateful to read such wonderful reviews.
I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us. I see you availed of one of our many packages, which included a €50 voucher to our fabulous Spa here in the hotel where you can avail of many different ranges of treatments from a Dermatological Facial to the Heavenly Nails package.
I do hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to The River Lee Hotel again in the not too distant future.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work twice in January. I was very pleasantly surprised by a free upgrade on my first stay! Rooms have separate tub and shower. Flatscreen tvs with the sound piped into the bathroom. The upgraded room had a nespresso machine and stereo in both types of rooms. It had a nice view of the river and with a lot of imagination (the weather was gale force winds) id say the seats outside by the river in the summer are lovely. There is a nice lobby area with gas fire and grand piano. The gym is excellent. There's also cool glass elevators. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in Ireland in quite a while.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely thoughts on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay in The River Lee Hotel Cork.
I am delighted to read that you had a fabulous stay with us and you had the opportunity to avail of one of our Executive Rooms on our 5th Floor. All of these rooms have King Size Beds with Bathrobes and Slippers and also Nespresso machine in each room. Guests also have access to the Executive Lounge where there are complimentary tea/coffee, juices and pastries served throughout the day.
We love to hear from guests who are due to stay again so why not keepin touch with us on Facebook!!
northern ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in the River lee hotel on the 22nd/23rd January,and had a lovely stay.The hotel is just beautiful and the hotel staff were really very friendly.The weather was awful on our second day so we came back to the hotel for lunch then sat in the foyer beside a lovely fire and read our books had a glass of wine and decided to stay for dinner.We ate in the bar both times and the staff were just great we felt relaxed and the food was very good.We travel quite a bit and spend our time in so many hotels and I can say that the breakfast in the River lee was one of the best.I would without doubt recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and never heard a noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments on your recent stay on Tripadvisor.
I have passed on your lovely comments to the team and they were delighted with the comments. Our Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan was thrilled that you enjoyed your meal in both The Weir Bar and The Weir Bistro. We have a lovely lobby area with comfy couches where you can sit with a tea/ coffee or perhaps a glass of wine and look out on the wonderful view of the river or catch up on our local heritage and culture by reading one of our many books available for guests.
I do hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Why not stay in touch with us on Facebook where you will find great offers and competitions for the hotel!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my fourth visit to the River Lee hotel and it never disappoints. The hotel is very nicely designed overlooking the river. It is modern but also has a comfortable cosy feel to it. The staff are always very helpful and particularly in the bar/restaurant. The only thing which I felt could be improved upon this time was the standard of bedding, I felt the duvets were limp and the sheets could be replaced as they were a little tired and grey looking.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to see that you always have a fabulous stay with us while visiting Cork. I have passed on your lovely comments all of the staff and they were delighted to receive them. Our staff are very proud of the service we give to all of our guests.
I am disappointed to read your thoughts on the bed linen in the room. I have passed on these comments to Mary Guilford our Accommodation Manager and she will ensure that only the freshest of linen will be placed on all of our beds.
I do hope we get the chance to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future.
We love to hear when guests are coming back to stay with us so why not keep in touch with us on Facebook!