“wonderful short stay highly recommend”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Suffolk
“wonderful short stay highly recommend”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

stayed in this hotel for two nights this month as we were marrying over there before going off on honeymoon it was a lovely and enjoyable stay lovely deluxe room key to executive lounge and looked after extremely well good breakfast five star

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear LinnySuffolk,

Thank you or taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of our hotel and facilities.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

The River Lee Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
West midlands
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in September with my husband, daughter and grand daughter, the rooms were fabulous, restaurant service and food excellent, breakfast choice and quality first class.Lovely spa treatment!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Liz947,

I would like to thank you or staying with us at the River lee and for your wonderful comments about our hotel, location and spa. It is great to receive such positive feedback from customers.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is about 15 min walk from Patrick at & city centre towards UCC. Parking provided but the bus also passes the door. Rooms are large with double & single bed. Linen is prestine. Bathrooms are immaculate large & bright. Rooms have fridges, kettle, hair dryer , cd player, tv. You cannot fault this hotel. Large public areas & a nice bar also. This is my second stay (2010 was previous stay) & the hotel is still as fresh as ever.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear AnnPLouise,

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

England
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night, chose based on TA reports and wasnt dissapointed.
Hotel and rooms are high quality, peaceful nights sleep, bed very comfortable.

Eat in the bar, very nice plaice and chips, Guiness (no murphys!) and footy on the telly - perfect!

Very good breakfast buffet, warm OJ was the only fault I can recall.

Didnt get a chance to use the pool.

Would be staying here again when next in Cork.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear VoleStrangler,

Thank you for sending me your Feedback. It is great to read such wonderful comments and see how highly you regarded the Hotel. I hope we can continue to exceed all of your expectations for future stays.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Scotland
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a pretty good hotel, with a range of nice amenities. Yes, as a previous reviewer said, the flush on the toilet is pretty difficult. But overall our room was good, comfortable and clean. And breakfast was excellent. We would certainly go back, if we ever needed to be in Cork again.

Our one significant issue - we had booked a deal that included two nights B+B, with one night's dinner. When we arrived mid-afternoon we were told that there was no chance of us getting dinner that night and that, if wanted dinner on the second night, it would have to be before 6.30pm or after 9pm - much more restrictive than we'd ave expected and rather mucked up our planning for the weekend.

1 Thank PaulCharles
Dear PaulCharles,

Thank you for taking the time to send me your comments on your stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here but I also wanted to assure you that I will be discussing your feedback on the diiner booking with both my room reservation manager and my food and beverage manager to see if there are any changes we can make some times will be less restrictive.

I do hope to welcome you back soon

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked and paid for a deluxe room expecting view, coffee machine, bathrobes, I pod station,king size bed etc.( as listed on their website) and were given a standard room with a terrible view of bins and apartments, with an extra single bed, dirty facecloth, the last guests bill on the desk. When we asked the woman at the reception desk if we were in the right room she was unhelpful and unfriendly. A second rate hotel masquerading as a four star destination

Dear LadyJaneClonmel,

Thank you for sending me your feedback. I was disappointed to read your review and I can assure you this is not the level of service we provide here at the River Lee Hotel and I do hope that I can see you back soon so you yourself can experience the 4 star service we can provide.

I have shared your feedback with all of my team so they can refresh and retrain all of there teams to make sure this does not occur again.

Dallas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I were traveling from Waterford to Killarney and decided to take the southern route around Cork when we experianced car trouble. We rapidly went to Trip Advisor to find a hotel near Cork. The River Lee hotel came up and since we didn't "care" where we stayed, we chose it due to the fact that it looked fabulous. We were not dissapointed. We came in late and had to leave early, so all we really expected was a bed and maybe a quick bite to eat. When we arrived, the hotel staff could immediately tell that we were frazzeled from a hard day of travel. We were upgraded on our room and had a beautiful view of the river. They recommended a great bar for us to walk to down the street and sent some extra water bottles & ice up to our room.

The best thing abou this hotel stay was the BED. We turned the A/C down and slept like we hadn't slept in years. Even though we wanted to get up early, we truly didn't care b/c we couldn't lift our heads off the pillow.

I'd recommend the executive floor, which has wonderful pastries and a completely stocked cooler of drinks. As with most of the hotels on our trip, we wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for the executive floor if possible.