“Great B&B”
Review of Emerson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Emerson House
Ranked #34 of 59 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Cyril was an excellent host, starting from when we made the booking, sending us detailed directions. (We didn't fully appreciate that courtesy until we spent an hour in Galway driving in circles trying to find the B&B we'd booked there.) We got the ground-floor room in the building next door (see photo of the bedroom), which included a large front/living/sitting room. The entire suite was comfortable and felt more like an Irish home than a generic hotel room. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Cyril also gave lots of advice on things to do in and around Cork, including suggestions on where to eat. We went to one of the places he suggested and were very happy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2009

Cyril was absolutely a gem. He had so much tourist information to share and helped us planned our route and places to see.
My room was okay but the bathroom was very disappointing, I didn't feel comfortable having my shower there and had to use my friend's shower instead. Cleanliness is very important to me having travelled widely this was a totally expected after reading such great reviews.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank btayanchor
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Cyril is so helpful & friendly, nothing is too much trouble, house is comfortable and so full of period features

Room was quiet, relaxing and comfortable

Meals so very wel prepaired

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank dar211
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My girlfriend Alex and I stayed at the Emerson House for a few nights this past October and we loved it. Cyril was a peach even before we arrived, sending emails to tell us all about Cork and the Bed and Breakfast. He greeted us, made sure we had everything we needed and answered the phone at all hours- which was wonderful because I needed an emergency hair dryer at ten at night, which he so sweetly found for me and brought to the room.

THE ROOM, was gorgeous and mostly decorated with warm colors. I couldn't believe how big it was. A very nice view of the city of Cork. Cork itself has a lot to offer. The English Market, on the main street, was a pleasure. Cute little shops and great coffee. Cyril directed us to some wonderful restaurants and clubs. Also, we took a side trip to Kinsale which turned out to be my favorite city in Ireland.

Breakfast was ready in the morning as soon as we got up. Teas, breads, eggs, sausage, bacon and all kinds of other things. We ate in beautiful living room and then spent some time in there, talking and waiting for the rain to pass on the red couches- loved it. Our whole experience at the Emerson house was charming. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cougarcub15
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at Emerson House for a week and were thrilled not only to stay in a gay-friendly B&B, but to stay at a place with such wonderful ambiance and hospitality.

Cyril was the most gracious and helpful host. Every morning he served a delicious breakfast with both hot and cold food options alond with fresh bread and fresh fruit salad. We would chat about our trip and he would give us information and tips about everything the area had to offer, from sight-seeing, to driving directions, to the history of Ireland, and more. He greeted us cheerfully when we arrived at 12:30am Saturday morning, and left us breakfast in our room before our flight out at 5am.

The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated and had all the amenities we needed. The location was perfect - close enough to downtown that you could walk there in less than 10 minutes (much closer than other B&B's in our price range) but far enough that you can enjoy the quiet of the neighborhood without the noise of the downtown/shopping areas.

To top it off, when I got home to the US and tragically realized I had lost my camera with all of my beautiful Ireland trip pictures, Cyril found it in our room and mailed it to me immediately.

I would highly recommend Emerson House for all gay and lesbian tourists visiting the area who also want the personal touch of a B&B. I would also recommend this B&B to non-gay/lesbian tourists who are looking for an excellent B&B to complete their dream Ireland vacation!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Me and my partner spent 3 really good nights in Cork at this really lovely place!

Cyril is a helpful and friendly guy, who is an excellent host!

Our room was the best B and B room we have ever had, spacious and relaxing, with a super comfortable bed. We slept so well each night!

The breakfast is excellent, and really really sets you up for the day! Cereals, juices, fruit, breads, jams, toast and coffee, and a full cooked Irish as well!

The place is near to the centre of everything, and the walk up the hill isn't too bad, and is definitley worth it!

Highly recommended, and great value!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevfenton
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Cyril is a number one host , Makeing you feel totally at home ( And a great ambassoder for Cork City ) ...An old house but with tons of charachter. Crisp clean bedding + Towels,A really top breakfast ! Quiet location 5/10 mins walk into town.( Up hill coming back if youve had a drink or two .)
......Great company and chat over breakfast and in the lounge . Really sorry i didnt stay a few days more !

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)