“Nothing but romantic, comfortable and perfect.”
Review of Emerson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Emerson House
Ranked #28 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
cougarcub15
“Nothing but romantic, comfortable and perfect.”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My girlfriend Alex and I stayed at the Emerson House for a few nights this past October and we loved it. Cyril was a peach even before we arrived, sending emails to tell us all about Cork and the Bed and Breakfast. He greeted us, made sure we had everything we needed and answered the phone at all hours- which was wonderful because I needed an emergency hair dryer at ten at night, which he so sweetly found for me and brought to the room.

THE ROOM, was gorgeous and mostly decorated with warm colors. I couldn't believe how big it was. A very nice view of the city of Cork. Cork itself has a lot to offer. The English Market, on the main street, was a pleasure. Cute little shops and great coffee. Cyril directed us to some wonderful restaurants and clubs. Also, we took a side trip to Kinsale which turned out to be my favorite city in Ireland.

Breakfast was ready in the morning as soon as we got up. Teas, breads, eggs, sausage, bacon and all kinds of other things. We ate in beautiful living room and then spent some time in there, talking and waiting for the rain to pass on the red couches- loved it. Our whole experience at the Emerson house was charming. We highly recommend it.

• Liked — The room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cougarcub15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at Emerson House for a week and were thrilled not only to stay in a gay-friendly B&B, but to stay at a place with such wonderful ambiance and hospitality.

Cyril was the most gracious and helpful host. Every morning he served a delicious breakfast with both hot and cold food options alond with fresh bread and fresh fruit salad. We would chat about our trip and he would give us information and tips about everything the area had to offer, from sight-seeing, to driving directions, to the history of Ireland, and more. He greeted us cheerfully when we arrived at 12:30am Saturday morning, and left us breakfast in our room before our flight out at 5am.

The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated and had all the amenities we needed. The location was perfect - close enough to downtown that you could walk there in less than 10 minutes (much closer than other B&B's in our price range) but far enough that you can enjoy the quiet of the neighborhood without the noise of the downtown/shopping areas.

To top it off, when I got home to the US and tragically realized I had lost my camera with all of my beautiful Ireland trip pictures, Cyril found it in our room and mailed it to me immediately.

I would highly recommend Emerson House for all gay and lesbian tourists visiting the area who also want the personal touch of a B&B. I would also recommend this B&B to non-gay/lesbian tourists who are looking for an excellent B&B to complete their dream Ireland vacation!

• Liked — Hospitality, Ambiance
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Me and my partner spent 3 really good nights in Cork at this really lovely place!

Cyril is a helpful and friendly guy, who is an excellent host!

Our room was the best B and B room we have ever had, spacious and relaxing, with a super comfortable bed. We slept so well each night!

The breakfast is excellent, and really really sets you up for the day! Cereals, juices, fruit, breads, jams, toast and coffee, and a full cooked Irish as well!

The place is near to the centre of everything, and the walk up the hill isn't too bad, and is definitley worth it!

Highly recommended, and great value!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevfenton
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Cyril is a number one host , Makeing you feel totally at home ( And a great ambassoder for Cork City ) ...An old house but with tons of charachter. Crisp clean bedding + Towels,A really top breakfast ! Quiet location 5/10 mins walk into town.( Up hill coming back if youve had a drink or two .)
......Great company and chat over breakfast and in the lounge . Really sorry i didnt stay a few days more !

• Liked — Friendly owners
  • Disliked — Walk up the hill
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We had so much fun at Emerson House and Cyril was such a great host. We spent two days in Cork, and we had an incredible time and loved this accomodation. The room was the biggest room we had on our trip, and it was perfect for us. Anything we needed from a pen to a bottle opener, Cyril always got for us along with great breakfast conversation and wonderful recommendations about the city. As two women traveling throughout the country, we felt very safe in this location even though it isn't located right in city center. We wish we could have spent more time in this lovely city and bed and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I had to travel to cork for business for 4 days, and came across this guest house on the guardian paper. Listed in the top 1,000 B&B's in the UK and Ireland I was excited to try it out.
I looked it up on the web, and found the web site with ease (thankfully as some places are missed due to bad design) The website was clear and gave me a good feeling, so I booked.
Cyril the host made me feel very welcome on my arrival. He is full of useful and interesting facts! He gave me some great advise on the local (small) city, and recommended some nice places to eat and indeed to drink. The nearest gay bar Flux is just down the end of the road. My bedroom was HUGE, with a great view over the city and river. As this is off the main road I had great nights sleep as it was so quite. Breakfast was never ending, and if you needed anything Cyril was there at had to help. I usually stay in Jurys, or the Metropole, however for that extra comfort and personal service I will never again stay in those hotels. emerson House is a little gem in the cork crown. I will be back, holefully sooner than later. Thanks Cyril for making my trip so enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank IrishDutch
Shelton
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I've stayed at Emerson house a few times, and now it is my preferred lodging in Cork City. It is located just a short walk above the train station, and just below St.Luke's Cross. Access to the central City is a very easy walk down the hill. Just across the river is the bus station for access to those areas not served by rail.

I found the room (I have a preference) to be a great value for money. It is clean and well kept, and I had no problems with the shower or other facilities. The breakfasts are grand, as others have noted. Cyril is a very warm host and looks after his guests very well.

• Liked — Warm and friendly accomodation.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo