Coach-Hill House
$142
  • Restaurant
$141
$124
The Metropole Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$149
$244
$128
$113
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed over Christmas. The location was very convenient and the room was nice and large with good lighting and good views. There was plenty of parking and free wireless internet access. However we did have a number of issues. The room smelled quite badly of mildew. We were told that the rooms would not be cleaned on the 25th or 26th of December, which we could live with. But our room was in fact only cleaned once during our 7 day stay. The heating was either on full blast which made the room too hot, or off completely which made the room freezing. The shower made a terrible noise and finally broke completely so we had no shower on our last day. Not recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellots23
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been working in Cork for two days a week since September and I am delighted to have found this b and b. There are many things that set coach hill apart from other places I have stayed. Firstly, there is a large carpark which is well lit and very safe. You also have a choice of either a full Irish breakfast or a continental breakfast which is great when you are staying in a place for a while. The rooms are bright, warm, spacious and newly decorated. The beds are so comfy that I struggle to get up!! I have to also mention the couple who run the b and b, they are very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend coach hill to anybody traveling to Cork for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank ACummins
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I've stayed at Coach hill house twice over the last few months, first trip was one night midweek business trip and the second was for a weekend. I thought the rooms were very clean,comfortable and spacious. I like the breakfast option of either continental or full. I was up and out early on my midweek stay and preferred helping myself however on my weekend stay, when I had more time, I went for full (very nice by the way). The owners are very warm and welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. They recommended a great restaurant (Abicus I think) in nearby Douglas and even drove me there. All in all I'd give Coach hill house top marks and have no problem recommending it as an excellent value for money b& b .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank nEvey_11
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We arrived on the evening of Friday 3rd June, but there was no adult available to check us in. We had to make a phone call and was told by the lady in charge that she was out, but her son (approx age 10 years) would let us in. We live in England, and if that happened here, we would have to call the Police and Social Services. If I was a lone male, I would definitely have not stayed. We were put into a dreadful room, no chairs, no hangers in the wardrobe, and the ceiling was so low on one side of the one risked a head injury if no ultra careful. The wardrobe looked as though it had been rescued from a Skip. It was very badly marked, the doors did not meet, and its overall decor was very shabby.
We did not know until we were leaving that we could have made a drink in the dining room so we just went without.
The breakfast was poor. We got the feeling that we should have served ourselves to a continental breakfast.
When we were checking out, we learned we could not pay by card, so had to travel to Douglas to a cash point to get sufficient money to pay the bill. A local cash point was not working.
We will definitely not stay there again.

Room Tip: Book another establishment.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank liamcollins
JulsCork, Owner at Coach-Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your night at our B & B , but I would like just to clarify a few matters with regard to your review. Firstly, my son is 14 years of age, not 10, and is more than capable of showing guests to their room. We are never more than 5 minutes away. Secondly, all the rooms here have now been refurbished , with new built-in units and free standing furniture, and are now, and always have been very tastefully decorated. As regards breakfast, this now has also been revised and we offer our guests' a choice of Full Irish or Continental Breakfast , the logic behind which is to allow guests decide wether they would like to have breakfast at a set time, and/or avail of a "lie-in" if they felt like doing so. Also, people are informed everytime upon 1st contact, that we do not accepted credit cards, None of the B&B's in the area accept them however, there is an ATM just a 2 minute walk away across the road, so this has never ben a problem to anybody .We do accept cash or cheques (with a cheque card)
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy our hospitality, but please feel free to come and stay as our quest should you find yourself in Cork again, and see if our improvements live up to expectation.

Reviewed June 9, 2008

We had a wonderful stay in Coach Hill House last weekend. Its very easy to get to, just off the dual carraigeway and very close to Douglas.

The guesthouse is lovely - really modern and bright. The rooms were elegant and spacious with gorgeous views - the beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get up!

The landlady was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Continental breakfast was self service with lots of choice - we couldn't have asked for more.

I highly recommend Coach Hill House to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)