“Fabulous - won't find better”
Review of Coach-Hill House

Coach-Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Coach-Hill House
Ranked #48 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
mollym
“Fabulous - won't find better”
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I stay in this B&B 1 or 2 nights a week and I have to say its fantastic. The owners are great, happy to drop you down to douglas village or help you in any wya they can. Beds are really comfortable, I always have a great nights sleep when i stay here. Seperate entrance is great too, you can come and go as you like. Plenty parking and easy to get to any area of cork from as its on a good road network. High recommend this B&B.

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We arrived on Boxing Day and the landlady presented us with mince pies and coffee etc which I thought was lovely. She made calls for us to try and hire a car, helped with bus timetables, even gave us a lift to the pub one night, and was lovely. The room was fine, bed a little hard but spacious room, nicely decorated, sky TV and very clean - in fact cleaned every day. Self service breakfast which was fine because you felt like you were self catering which we actually like, lovely cheeses, smoked salmon, and you had the facility there 24hrs to make tea/coffee. Theres a mini-mart at the petrol station across the road which does hot food as well, a local inn, its easy to get the bus into Cork from right outside, theres a huge out of town shopping centre a short walk away, and frankly I thought for what we paid this was very fair and reasonable. I would recommend it as a B&B and would stay there again, at the end of the day if you want total luxury well you have to pay the price, this B&B however is in my view priced fairly.

• Liked — nice landlady and spacious room
  • Disliked — hard bed
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ireland
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Awful place. You enter by crossing an untidy gloomy yard and are ushered up to your room which unlike the comments of another reviewer are not tastefully decorated. Unheated bathroom in December is not pleasant. Breakfast was a help-yourself affair, including making your own egg, toast, tea or finding what was available in the fridge. It was like staying in a cheap hostel. I felt unwelcome and ripped off. I am embarrassed that visitors from abroad might stay there.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank mjr1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Stayed in the B&B in Sept 2007.
Rooms are quite big, tastefully decorated but could have done without the dirty towels.
I can't believe they have the cheek to call it a bed and 'breakfast'- well it wouldnt be my choice of breakfast at a B&B to have to help myself to toast, jam and smoked salmon out of the fridge and have to cook eggs myself...

Also, you have no control over the heating in the bedrooms- the second night we stayed the heating was on all night- absolutely baking!!

I have stayed here a number of times, but this shall be my last- a complete disapointment- it was as though the owners just couldnt be bothered... this place is literally going down the hill.

Stayed September 2007
Dublin
Reviewed January 17, 2007

I stayed here with a party of 4 last year. We could not say enough good things about this B&B. Family run house, the propritors were on hand all the time if any help was needed, ie ringing taxis, ordering take-aways etc. The lady of the house actually drove us to our destination herself twice ! (I have stayed in many places world wide and have never seen or heard of this before).
The set-up at the house, is basically, this is your room, this is where you can eat, make tea coffee even a sandwhich, loads of food in the breakfast room, this is your bedroom (Huge), here is your key to come and go as you please, and we are here if you need any assistance. Fantastic ! Not tied to any breakfast times , have a lie- in if you want, come and go as you please.
The bedrooms are enormous, really tastefully decorated and I can honestly say that I have never slept in a more comfortable bed. The soft matress folds around you like a sleeping bag. Excellent Comfort.
I have recomended this B&B to all my friends and any who have gone there rave about it. The only place to stay in Cork

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank DublinHappy-Camper
liverpool
Reviewed January 13, 2007

Twice i have stayed here and twice i've had a lovely stay the owners are lovely and the breakfast choice is fab, beats a hotel anyday!

Stayed December 2006
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2006

I run a travel agency and have sent many delighted guests to stay in this b&b. I have had constant rave reviews of it's imaculate presentation, great location, huge choice for self service breakfasts and top quality beds. They have lots of regular guests who appreciate privacy mixed with welcoming service. We even linked their website to ours to recomend it.
They have serviced apartments on offer for short term lets aswell as single, double and family rooms. The decor is modern and fresh and maintained to a very high standard. That comes from some one who works in travel. Book it and enjoy!

• Liked — Location, privacy, facilities, room comfort
  • Tips/Secrets — They offer self catering apartments and b&b
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travel_agent_ireland