Clayton Hotel Cork City
  • Pool
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
  • Pool
2,568 results
All reviewsclarion hotelkudos barthe riveranne mariecork cityhen partythe penthouseoliver plunkett streetcar parkmodern hotelcentral locationbus stationlast weekendgreat weekendexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Have just returned from a 1 night family break in the Clarion. Had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and helpful & everything was great. We enjoyed using the swimming pool. We had lovely food for both dinner & breakfast. Its location was ideal & we enjoyed an evening time stroll arould the city centre. Parking was directly under the hotel ( a small charge applies) which is so handy when travelling with children. Would return again. Well done to all at the Clarion.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Dear mmcdw

Thank you for writting such a great review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. Its great to see that our city centre location and hotel services were to your satisfaction.
As with all feedback received, I shall pass your kind words of encouragement on to the entire team here, I am sure they will be pleased to read your review.
The next time you should return to Cork, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you may require with your reservation.
Kind Regards
Donald Morrissy
Clarion Hotel Cork
E:dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Reviewed December 15, 2010

went here with a group of friends for a weekend away.Staff helpful & friendly. Close to shops and bars and nice location by the river. Rooms were very comfortable and we got a great deal on line with the price but we did not book on the hotel web-site.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago. Everything was lovely until I went down to the spa.... I had a lovely treatment I must admit but throughout the treatment I was trying my hardest to zone out & relax but the therapist wouldnt allow me. She constantly spoke about products that my skin ''needed'' ASAP throughout the whole treatment. It was awful, I didnt feel one bit relaxed. She was very pushy at the end to gut me to buy products & this I didnt like. Treatments are expensive enough & I felt like a treat for myself to relax, unfortunately this didnt happen....

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This was the second time we have stayed in this hotel and the expereinec was great both time.

I bought clients over from England for a weekend. The staf are very efficient and helpfull. Rooms great, expecially if you get one with a balcony overlooking the river.

Breakfast in bed was delicous and arrived hot. Rooms lovely, and had bedside lights which a lot of hotels are getting rid of!! 2 great night's sleep

Would certainly stay again

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Clarion is pure corporate hotel and I wouldn't recommended it to a couple or family. Their leisure centre is very poor and old looking. Rooms are clean but freezing cold, TV was old and nothing really impressed us there (we stayed in a suite!). We had dinner in Kudos bar and as we love Asian food we were really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it was so disappointing, Manager who saw a full plates coming back to the kitchen never asked if there is a problem. Over all we would have a very average or even a bad stay if not a one Member of Staff - Richard @ front desk! He was very professional, friendly, and kind. He welcomed us with a huge smile and offered his assistance during our stay. Indeed he helped us out to plan our time off in Cork. Restaurant staff @ breakfast was so depressed looking and bored, fortunately Richard was there every morning to properly say good morning and good bye. So thank you Richard and well done!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple