“Excellent”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This was the second time we have stayed in this hotel and the expereinec was great both time.

I bought clients over from England for a weekend. The staf are very efficient and helpfull. Rooms great, expecially if you get one with a balcony overlooking the river.

Breakfast in bed was delicous and arrived hot. Rooms lovely, and had bedside lights which a lot of hotels are getting rid of!! 2 great night's sleep

Would certainly stay again

• Stayed: November 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Clarion is pure corporate hotel and I wouldn't recommended it to a couple or family. Their leisure centre is very poor and old looking. Rooms are clean but freezing cold, TV was old and nothing really impressed us there (we stayed in a suite!). We had dinner in Kudos bar and as we love Asian food we were really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it was so disappointing, Manager who saw a full plates coming back to the kitchen never asked if there is a problem. Over all we would have a very average or even a bad stay if not a one Member of Staff - Richard @ front desk! He was very professional, friendly, and kind. He welcomed us with a huge smile and offered his assistance during our stay. Indeed he helped us out to plan our time off in Cork. Restaurant staff @ breakfast was so depressed looking and bored, fortunately Richard was there every morning to properly say good morning and good bye. So thank you Richard and well done!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

asked at reception to fix up ,before i even got key to my room....not ready at 4pm....not a good start....car park a disaster....hard to find....hard to get into....even harder to get out....and yes there is a charge...and a lot of messing when you go down to get out....some work needed here boys and girls.....celtic tiger is gone....let keep customers happy and get rid of rip offs.....no local information in rooms...re palces to see and visit...no map of city....sure bord failte would supply free lads...get some.....restaurant excellent.....breaky excellent....no toast just heated white bread....get some real toasters please....

1  Thank tomhannon
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Dear tomhannon

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experiences based on your recent stay with us. As with all feedback, I shall share your review with the entire team here in the hotel and highlight the issues you have raised.

With regards to the negative issue highlighted in your review regarding the Car Park lay out and system, the Clarion Hotel does not operate the management of the Car Park, we only have an agreement with the car park operators with regards to a reduced rate for parking for all our guests to the hotel. However if an issue should exist that has a negative impact on the overall enjoyment of our guests while staying in the Clarion Cork, this must be fully investigated. Rest assure that I shall contact the management of the Car Park today and highlight the issues you have raised with them. Thank you for this feedback.

With regards to the positive aspects of your stay, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Food Outlets so much and that you noted our breakfast offering to be excellent.

If you would care to discuss your recent stay with me in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to discuss all elements of your stay with you,

Again, I very much thank you for your feedback, for it is with feedback such as yours that we can identify any issue that requires corrective action to ensure all our guests to the Clarion Hotel Cork have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

E: dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Stayed here as I was over in Cork on business and it is a good hotel. Unfortunately work paid so I cannot comment on the price as we got a corporate rate.
Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were of a good size and as was the bathroom and clean and tidy. Tea and coffee and mini bar in the room and a tv, although not flat screen, still adequate.
Breakfast was also good and there was plenty to choose from and its all fresh and tasty.
We ate in the Boardwalk bar and grill next door to the hotel and the food was great so I would recommend that...great steaks.

1  Thank danrelv

Dear Danrelv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel based on your most recent stay with us here in the Clarion Cork.

I am delighted to read that the facilities you availed of during your stay were to your satisfaction and furthermore that the staff you encountered were pleasant and friendly. As with all feedback we receive, I shall pass your encouraging words of support onto the entire team here in the hotel.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, and should you return again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you may require with your reservation.

dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Reviewed November 18, 2010

We booked the Penthouse at the Clarion for a book launch event on the 16th November.
It was an amazing venue for a book on aerial photography - with its birds eye view over Cork City and the River Lee.

I would like to mention the incredible service that the staff provided - both at the launch and afterwards when my husband lost his mobile phone! Shortly after the start of the event, gale force winds and a deluge of rain became the order of the night - the worst storm of the year I would say. At some stage my husband lost his mobile phone - on the street or in the car park, we had no idea. Ther duty manager at the Clarion was amazingly helpful. He phoned all the nearby establishments to see if anything had been handed in, and then lent my hubby a torch so that he could re-trace his footsteps in the dark - offering more help if necessary. Fortunately, someone had picked up the phone on the street and handed it in – they then ‘phoned home’ so we got it back!

Dear MDMpr

Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement and for your time in writing your review based on your recent experiences here in the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I am delighted to read that you have spoken so highly of all the staff you encountered during the book launch. Further more I am delighted to see that Ian, our duty manager that evening was able to assist you and your husband in your quest to find your mobile phone.

It is great to read that the book launch went so well for you, and perhaps should the occasion araise again to have another similar event , you may consider using the Clarion Hotel Cork again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any requests you may have.

Thank you for your kind words.

Regards
E: dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights last week with my Husband following a stay in April with a group of friends. Service all around the hotel is excellent. The bar is resonably priced and the bar food is excellent quality. Perfectly situated for shopping and the excellent Cork nightlife. The rooms are clean and a good size and when we were there in April they couldnt do enough to help my friend celebrate her BIG birthday. Will not hesitate to return to Cork for the great nightlife and would never choose anywhere but here to stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Dear Spirrett

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of the Clarion Hotel Cork based on your recent stay with us. It is very encouraging to see that you decided to return to us again after your weekend away in April with us.

Your comments regarding the staff you encountered is very much appreciated and I have already passed your kind words of support onto the entire team here in the hotel.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back for your third stay with us in due course and if you should require any assistance with your reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Clarion Hotel Cork City
dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Reviewed October 30, 2010

The excellent Fota Wildlife park in Cork had a new arrival recently - a baby red panda. As this is my son's favourite animal we decided to journey to Cork and visit the park. Rather than doing this in one day we decided to combine a shopping trip to Cork with a park visit. After checking Tripadvisor I decided to try the Clarion. The underground carpark costs Eur9.50 for overnight parking (exit by 12:00PM). Many (all?) rooms overlook the Quay and are bright, clean and well equipped. It's just a few minutes walk to the main shopping areas. Kudos restaurant is okay but not great and can be hard to get a table so you may want to explore the local area for other choices. Boardwalk Bar and Grill is just next door and was very lively on the Saturday night we were in town so that may be an easy alternative.Nice coffee shop out on the boardwalk where you relax, look at the river and take in the views.
Some details on the hotel. Leisure centre in the basement, small pool but adequate. It also had hot tub, sauna and steam room. Changing rooms were clean and well equipped. Room had a mini bar, AC, was clean and reasonably spacious. Shower was an example of over-engineering but it worked! Great view of the quay from the window. Some rooms had a balcony but obviously you get a smaller room. Wifi worked well and was free (not always the case in Ireland!).
The family package I took included breakfast and family tickets to Fota Park for approx Eur150 (two adults and one child) which was very good value. Recommend a visit to the park and also get a tour of Fota House which is well worth the extra effort.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family