“Excellent location, fantastic hotel. truely 4 star”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed August 10, 2007

The Clarion hotel is a modern 4 star hotel on the banks of the river lee, opposite city-hall.

I stayed here for one night on a trip away to Cork.

The hotel has everything you would expect from a 4star hotel. The reception staff are very helpful, food and beverages in the hotel is top notch.

The room service is reliable. The breakfast is fantastic and fills you up till late afternoon.

Location is certainly fantastic. The hotel is right in the centre of the city in a beautiful area of cork.

Facilities, amenities, service, accommodation are all high quality and everything you would expect of it's 4 star Hotel rating.

Definitely 4 star and a very good price at that.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank dart22
Write a ReviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed August 4, 2007

I just waned to let everyone know how wonderful the Clarion Cork is, Its a stylish 4 star city center hotel, sold excellently to me by reservations, Aileen told me that the Clarion was City Center Location with Stunning Views of Cork City, and so it had, Its so wonderful to get someone on the telephone who oozed self belief and love for a property she worked in, I could not wait to set foot inside the hotel, I was not disappointed
All staff were so prompt and friendly, so nice to see them going about their jobs so happily and intrested in every guest that passed
My Room was lovely, clean with great river view!!! the bed was so comfortable.My favourite part of the Hotel has to be the atrium
I Enjoyed my short stay at the Clarion and no doubt i will be back, booking directly with Aileen( Its also very professional the way she gave her direct contact details ) I have also recommended to my family and friends travelling to Cork
The Clarion your sanctuary within a big city!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank TMUR66
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Stayed for one night and enjoyed the hotel. Fine modern rooms - we payed extra for a river view. Our choice was a room only rate ( you eat so well in Cork that we thought we shouldn`t eat a huge breakfast ) On the riverside is a great little coffee bar where you can have a coffee and croissant for a few Euros , rather than 20 Euros for the full thing in the hotel.
Convenient and secure car parking - I would certainly use this hotel again

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Rosneath
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed at the Clarion in August 2006. We rented a car and drove from Dublin and stayed in Cork for one night. The hotel was amazing! It is located centrally within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The hotel was very clean, and everything seemed very new and updated. The bed was comfortable. We used the pool facilities and they were spotless. Not what you would typically expect from a pool at a hotel in a pleasant way. It was very clean and well maintained. You are required to wear a swim cap while in the pool. The hotel sits right on the bank of the river and when I looked into the water I could see many fish swimming about. Depending on the tide, the water will be higher or lower at different times of day.

I booked the hotel on the actual hotel website and found it very affordable. The only thing I would mention is that we had a bit of trouble finding the way to the parking lot. We passed by the entrance twice before we stopped on the side of the road and I popped into the hotel to ask for exact directions on how to get to the parking lot. It was a bit confusing with all of the one way streets. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cork. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed for just one night and thoroughly enjoyed the Clarion. The express airport bus drops you off just a short walk from the hotel so it's very easy to get to. The hotel foyer is large and modern and the check-in staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was 304 and had a double bed and a larger than average single bed. The room was stylish, spacious and spotlessly clean. Even the hairdryer was good - a proper Babyliss hairdryer and not one of those tiny little things that singe your hair! The rooms seemed to be quite well soundproofed as we didn't hear any noise at all at night (there were a few hen and stag groups around but we didn' t hear a peep!).

There is a PC for guest use on the 1st floor if you wish to check-in online for your return flight. The bar was very nice although service was a bit slow at times. The city centre shops are just a short walk away, just round the corner from the bus station. Overall, the Clarion is excellent value for money and I would definitely return there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Excellent hotel, very good fitness area, superb breakfast, good size rooms, superb location for getting about. Best guiness in the town!! Very friendly and helful staff. Definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2007

This was our second stay.
This time for a weekend break, again we weren't disappointed. Nice room, large,comfortable,with all amenities, on the 6th floor, meals in restaurant very good.
The staff are very helpful, cheerful and efficient. Cost not as high as expected.
The only black mark was our bar bill - we expected to get it in Euros, but they converted it into Sterling( at a rate to suit them selves ). However it was very small so I just let it go. This practice is to be watched in futureThat aside it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple